Boy with a future that one. I never agree with a word Clive fooking Tyldsley says but when he begged with zidane during commentary not to retire I agreed with him then. Still an amazing player, was really impressed with Ribery too. They'll stroll past Portugal, but I was really disappointed in Brazil - have been waiting the whole tournament for ronaldinho to do something but it never happened.

agree with all of the above! ZZ can really turn it on when he has to and he was fair and away the best player today! if only he was 10 years younger and we could look forward to seeing more of him!

Ribery was shit-hot tonight as well, looked totally fooked when he came off, some amount of running he did tonight!

and yeah Brazil just seemed to turn up and think it was theres rather than playing like it was theres! probably the last we'll see of booby carlos, cafu and ronaldo on the WC stage :eek:

man o man i laughed all the way through that game.

feckin ronaldo and ronaldinho thought they could dance their way to the world cup final and who`s laughingf now lads eh? certainly not yous.

i`m so glad france put these big heads out.

they thought they were unbeatable.

well done france it took away some of the pain from the england game.:)

Sad thing though Colsh, at least for you boys, is that had England been performing the way they CAN this tournament was definitely there for the taking.

Brazil were awful tonight. The French look like they have some of their 1998 confidence back - ZZ turned back the clock and was IMMENSE.

They should make the final as Portugal don't impress me at all. And if they make the final then who knows !

exactly craig.

when you look at who`s left, we`ve got the players there to be beating these teams and we get put out again?

sorry, just ignore me cause i`m obviously still upset after todays pish!

even had a big argument in the pub about eriksson cause some geezer said he had "done well with england". just couldn let that one lie. anyway, thats another story:confused:

Whoever said they have done well with England Colsh needs to realise that in the 3 tournaments he took them into he never got them past the quarters.

And in THIS squad, if he had picked the RIGHT squad (ala taking Defoe or Bent instead of Walcott) and if he had the right tactics.... was one of the best , if not THE best, English squad since 66.

His predecessors did better than him IMO - Sir Bobby got them to the semis in 90 with a squad that was no better and Venables got them to the semis of Euro 96 (was the semis right ? - I stopped paying attention after Scotland got knocked out....) with no better a squad too ! IMO he has done a mediocre job with the players at his disposal.

You were right to have a go.

Im not surprised with France winning at all, they have been improving every game.

They arguably still have the best midfield in the world despite it ageing but they should they can still rise to the occasion.

I fancy them to get into the final.