Wonderful game this one - finished 1-0 to France and they were excellent tonight.

They've been steadily improving as the tournament's progressed and Zidane was a maestro in the middle of the park. Ronaldinho wasn't in the game. Truth be told he's not been in the tournament.

France dictated the game from start to finish and every one of their players produced a great performance. Except Barthez. He was a flapping idiot.

Henry had a great game, Ribery was excellent, and Vieira was solid.

We all expected Brazil to walk this world cup, but it hasn't happened and now the 2 top favourites for the cup have gone, and deservedly so.

France look like a team now capable of winning the lot.

Over the the moon that Brazil are out, they thought they could do it with a few prima donna's and a fatty striker. Now they know just because you are Brazilian you are not gods gift to football. I am happy!!!!:D :D

Their magic quartet was a real let down. The only one with pass marks was Kaka, and even he had less than an impressive tournament.

Adriano was awful and Ronaldinho looked lost. Ronaldo broke Muller's record but still didn't look as good as the true Ronaldo can play.

:eek:where the fook did france come from :eek: that boy Zidanes a bit of a player eh :D

Boy with a future that one. I never agree with a word Clive fooking Tyldsley says but when he begged with zidane during commentary not to retire I agreed with him then. Still an amazing player, was really impressed with Ribery too. They'll stroll past Portugal, but I was really disappointed in Brazil - have been waiting the whole tournament for ronaldinho to do something but it never happened.