Club Statement: Douglas Park steps down as chairman

• Rousseau changed the title to Club Statement: Douglas Park steps down as chairman

I don't think this is a day to be speculating about the future of other directors. What we should be doing today is offering thanks to Douglas Park for being there when the club desperately needed the stabilising hand of a solid Rangers man. I hope his name will always be associated with the return of Rangers from the hands of parasites to a club on the verge of recovery ... and to wish John Bennett every success going forward.

Talk of "time of change" seems inappropriate today.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

I don't think this is a day to be speculating about the future of other directors. What we should be doing today is offering thanks to Douglas Park for being there when the club desperately needed the stabilising hand of a solid Rangers man. I hope his name will always be associated with the return of Rangers from the hands of parasites to a club on the verge of recovery ... and to wish John Bennett every success going forward.

Talk of "time of change" seems inappropriate today.

No one would begrudge DP and the others the credit they deserve for coming in & rescuing the club 8 years ago.And their financial input too.

But that was then & this is now.

We are seemingly still haemorrhaging money at an alarming rate. We are still existing beyond our means. Whenever our results come out the first thing I look at are salaries. Roughly I think we are £38m for playing staff & £15m for non-playing staff. Unless we’re paying much more than I think aren’t these figures rather high? What do all these non playing staff do?

Then there’s the commercials deals. Does Castore represent good value? Others too.

So I’d say change is needed most definitely otherwise we face a very bleak future. 

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

No one would begrudge DP and the others the credit they deserve for coming in & rescuing the club 8 years ago.And their financial input too.

They've continued to support us financially throughout the 8 years. It's not as if they just stopped 8 years ago.

We are seemingly still haemorrhaging money at an alarming rate. We are still existing beyond our means. Whenever our results come out the first thing I look at are salaries. Roughly I think we are £38m for playing staff & £15m for non-playing staff. Unless we’re paying much more than I think aren’t these figures rather high? What do all these non playing staff do?

The £38m is the first team playing squad, so the balance covers the manager and his team, the reserves/youths, the women and all non-footballing staff, including the 487 part-timers that assist on matchdays.

Many of the support at the moment seem to be suggesting that we should be spending more, and not less.

Then there’s the commercials deals. Does Castore represent good value? Others too.

Presumably it was the best deal on offer at that time. We have been hampered by the ongoing SD legal case at the time of negotiation.

So I’d say change is needed most definitely otherwise we face a very bleak future. 

A lot of people are saying that change is needed but I'm not sure that they know what they want (I'm not including you in that). Self-sustainability was always going to be very difficult, unless we look at downsizing the quality/quantity of the playing squad. Other than finding a Patterson or Bassey every couple of years, we will struggle in the short-term.

I'm all for change if you can guarantee it will be for the better. Just not the same day our chairman stands down.

There are a lot of headless chickens on social media again, calling for change at Rangers. They demand success on the park but howl about the perilous state of our finances, presumably because they think our directors are deliberately refusing to shake the Ibrox money tree. 

What is it they want the board to do, print money?

40 minutes ago, Bill said:

There are a lot of headless chickens on social media again, calling for change at Rangers. They demand success on the park but howl about the perilous state of our finances, presumably because they think our directors are deliberately refusing to shake the Ibrox money tree. 

What is it they want the board to do, print money?

I imagine many lack the basic intelligence needed to tie shoe laces or cook food. Probably live in velcro trainers and eat greggs all day.

Seen many reply to the tweet about Park standing down saying he was taking money out of the club from the Seville run and CL qualification. I have not seen any evidence of this. He had a loan repaid I'm sure. Not the same thing as taking money out the club.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats