[FT] Celtic 3 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 45', 79')

33 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I’m struggling to see where Gonzo’s wrong.

18 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Rousseau will pull a bunch of Xg stats and make us all look stupid...just you wait.  😀

I don't need to: you're doing it on your own...

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He's been our best player this season. 

He's 20-years-old. 

He's helping us beat diddy teams but he's not helping us beat Celtc (or doing much of note in CL matches).  I don't think we need to spend that much to beat the likes of Motherwell and Hibs.  

36 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I’m struggling to see where Gonzo’s wrong.

You've already completely ruled out Potter as a manager for us, whilst suggesting Moyes is not the worst option. 

Your football takes are on shaky ground...

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

He's helping us beat diddy teams but he's not helping us beat Celtc (or doing much of note in CL matches).  I don't think we need to spend that much to beat the likes of Motherwell and Hibs.  

No one's doing that - most aren't even helping against the diddies!

He is a superb talent, already, at 20-years-old. In a couple of years he'll be worth a lot more than £5M. I think he's worth more than that now.

We spent £5M on Yilmaz, btw.

He's played that lot four times (I think) but still hasn't learned that there's no time to dwell on the ball.  

I'm not seeing enough improvement to validate that sort of fee.  

18 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

He's played that lot four times (I think) but still hasn't learned that there's no time to dwell on the ball.  

I'm not seeing enough improvement to validate that sort of fee.  

Is that it then?

A 20-year-old dwells on the ball a wee bit in four, one-off games so he's not and never will be good enough? 

That's silly. Not quite as bad as the temper tantrums shown by those wanting MB gone, but it's not far off. 

To be honest, I think a large part of it is him not having options on the ball, which is more of a team issue. I've complained about that before. A lot of our players play of-the-cuff, rather than as a team. 

For me, Tillman is worth more than £5M now. We could sign him in August and flip him in January for double. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

A 20-year-old dwells on the ball a wee bit in four, one-off games so he's not and never will be good enough? 

You're putting words in my mouth.  

He may well be good enough.  He may not.  In my view, the risk of it not working out is too high (based on performances across the whole season) to be spending millions on him.  

I wonder what Beale thinks. 

Edited by Gonzo79

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

You're putting words in my mouth.  

He may well be good enough.  He may not.  In my view, the risk of it not working out is too high (based on performances across the whole season) to be spending millions on him.  

I wonder what Beale thinks. 

Yes, but it helps me make you look stupid. :D

Like I said, I think he's worth more than £5M now. There's no risk, for me. 'Based on performances across the whole season' and assuming he doesn't improve at all - unlikely - he's worth £5M. IMO.

I think MB likes him. Did he not say somewhere that he wants to do the deal? I might be wrong.