[FT] Celtic 3 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 45', 79')

1 hour ago, gisabeer said:

A spine and a manager who talks a better game than he actually plays

I agree. It is up to Beale has to stop the rot. The other mob are nothing special. Kent staying on the park to the bitter end was unbelievable. Team choice, we all new we were not getting the old Alfie, and skillful as Tillman is he gets bullied in these games, so why play them? If we don't beat them this season, and win sod all, I can see Beale's face joining Robertson & Wilson on the "bugger off banners". 

1 hour ago, gisabeer said:

I'll never give it a rest fore the simple fact I care.  The scum don't even need to be at their best to beat us.  We're a team without a spine and a manager who talks a better game than he actually plays.  We're fucking crap.

I didn't disagree, you know. But venting anger at other Bears while charged won't help that much. Obviously, we talked about our problems at lengths here and while many will disagree on this or that player or tactic, we all agree that change is needed. I would assume that MB has a plan and will implement it when time and players have come. Signs are there, but also a certain amount of hesitancy. 

33 minutes ago, Bill said:

We had multiple chances to win ... but we didn't and that will forever be the legacy of this Rangers team.

Threat up front is still a big difference for me. They have natural goalscorers in those positions and we don’t. 

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

but if the referee saw a foul, VAR can't overturn it because it's not a 'clear and obvious error', it's a matter of interpretation. Var doesn't work like that, anywhere. If the referee missed a foul, then they'd ask the referee to look again. 

Our referees are particularly incompetent, so there will be bad interpretations. 

I can't help wondering what would have happened had Clancy actually awarded the goal.

I imagine that that would have been a 'clear and obvious error' to Walsh on the VAR kit, and, following review, the goal would have been disallowed. 

20 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Threat up front is still a big difference for me. They have natural goalscorers in those positions and we don’t. 

I think what we've seen in recent weeks is the peak of this Rangers team. They can more or less be relied on to beat the other teams, albeit with occasional difficulty, but they simply don't have it in them to challenge Celtic for the title. That in itself is progress since the days of GvB and credit to Beale for shoring things up but to take the next step will require better players - it's really that simple. It's debatable whether we have the resources to change out enough players in one transfer window but until we do we can't realistically expect better outcomes. To make a genuine difference to our prospects, I reckon no fewer that 8 new signings will be needed, which is a big ask. 

So say we chase MB and the new manager loses the last two OF games of the season. What next, do we chase him for being useless? 

When do we stop changing managers and look at where the real problems lie? 

MB want my 1st choice as Gios replacement but I can see why he was selected. 

Let's be honest, the list of candidates we have to chose from is limited as are players we can sign. 

We can try and convince ourselves that they aren't great but they have been mediocre in the last 3 OF games and we've manged 1 point and lost a cup final. 

Constant changing of manager us only going to see the gap increase. We need stability and we need to have a very successful transfer window. 

If Beales targets are the calibre of Raskin and Cantwell then we'll improve. Will it be sufficient improvement to overtake them? Only time will tell. 

37 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I like Tillman and think he's a very capable footballer but there's no way we should be spending what Bayern Munich want on him.  He has done absolutely nothing in any of the games he's played against that lot.  

Hagi is a more useful player.

Has he played well in a big game yet?

All I can remember is a header in Europe. 

Arguably not a big game.