[FT] Celtic 3 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 45', 79')

45 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So say we chase MB and the new manager loses the last two OF games of the season. What next, do we chase him for being useless? 

When do we stop changing managers and look at where the real problems lie? 

MB want my 1st choice as Gios replacement but I can see why he was selected. 

Let's be honest, the list of candidates we have to chose from is limited as are players we can sign. 

We can try and convince ourselves that they aren't great but they have been mediocre in the last 3 OF games and we've manged 1 point and lost a cup final. 

Constant changing of manager us only going to see the gap increase. We need stability and we need to have a very successful transfer window. 

If Beales targets are the calibre of Raskin and Cantwell then we'll improve. Will it be sufficient improvement to overtake them? Only time will tell. 

Without question we need a new first choice goalkeeper for next season. Whoever MB goes for will go a long way to determining how successful his time as Rangers manager will be 

Need a new keeper, new striker and some creative "wide" players. 

Sure he has his targets but will the board be able to finance who MB identifies? That is the big question. 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Need a new keeper, new striker and some creative "wide" players. 

Sure he has his targets but will the board be able to finance who MB identifies? That is the big question. 

MB identifies? Hope you right with that assertion 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I like Tillman and think he's a very capable footballer but there's no way we should be spending what Bayern Munich want on him.  He has done absolutely nothing in any of the games he's played against that lot.  

Hagi is a more useful player.

Harsh but on the evidence so far ... fair.

What's this new madness? On social media I see aspersions being cast on Michael Beale's future at Rangers?

Beale got the LC final all wrong. I said that before kick off but he didn't get it wrong today. I think he did what he could today and scoring 2 goals at Parkhead isn't exactly the hallmark of failure. The big problems at Rangers are on the park and there isn't a damned thing Beale can do about it until the transfer window opens and even then he will have to compete with the rest of Europe for the talent available. Blaming the manager and loose talk about his future is the very last thing we need right now ... it's bad enough ffs.

Just now, compo said:

My only concern was Celtic weren’t very good today yet wrapped up the points 

We seem obsessed with how good Celtic is.

At the end of the day, does it actually matter? It seems to me the only thing worth getting worked up about is whether we are able to beat them, regardless of how good or bad anyone thinks they are. Right now we can't - doesn't matter why, we just can't and that needs to change.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

What's this new madness? On social media I see aspersions being cast on Michael Beale's future at Rangers?

Beale got the LC final all wrong. I said that before kick off but he didn't get it wrong today. I think he did what he could today and scoring 2 goals at Parkhead isn't exactly the hallmark of failure. The big problems at Rangers are on the park and there isn't a damned thing Beale can do about it until the transfer window opens and even then he will have to compete with the rest of Europe for the talent available. Blaming the manager and loose talk about his future is the very last thing we need right now ... it's bad enough ffs.

Was always going to happen if we lost today and will only intensify if we lose the next two. 

People want instant gratification and if they don't get it, they want those they deem responsible removed. 

Anyway, avoid social media, it tends to be a cesspit 🙂