[FT] Celtic 3 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 45', 79')

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The only thing I'd criticise MB for is our lack of creativity (not today, but in general - I didn't watch the game): we're not the most creative, which is the manager's remit, at the end of the day. 

I believed he was more expansive in his style than SG, because, by all accounts, his QPR side was quite creative. They tended to play a 3-4-2-1, I think. 

Whether it's because he can't implement that just now, as he has come in half-way through a season, and needs a pre-season, or whether he's not as expansive as I thought, I don't know. Hopefully he just needs a pre-season.

I see what you are saying, but in some games, we've been wasteful and could and should have won by 6 or 7 goals (Hibs and Hearts away spring to mind). But we do have a tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot and only react once we conceded.

Today we had chances - Alfies goal wrongly chopped off and he had another header he was unlucky with. Tav was also close with a header that would have given him a hatrick. They also had chances.

We are clearly a team in transition and as well as a keeper, we need someone who can take more chances but prolific goalscorers don't come cheaply.  

5 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Godson and taverner have cost us countless goals in scum games which the likes of you turn a blind eye.  Godson cost us a European trophy but ffs.  I smell beales fear.   Then again I called this lot out after the malmo game 2 seasons ago and got nailed to the wall in here but I was fucking right.  We're going backwards with a spinless manager who can't see what the fuck is infront of his eyes. We're a team without a spine.

Give it 24 hours rest gisa. I know what you are saying, and agree with a few things regarding our veteran players.

Beale only has the players at hand which he inherited and for one or another reason had to stick with these, hoping that they will be able to turn the tide of mediocre performances. That has happened before with SG too, only that line-up and players time and again failed to deliver. You live in hope that sooner rather than later the manager can jump over that particular shadow and play the best he has and also the best line-up for the occasion. Needless to say, over the last 2 years one has become thoroughly disenchanted with this Rangers side, despite some sparkling moments re Tillman, Sakala, Cantwell, Raskin et al. You do wonder whether Beale will get the message rather than paper over the cracks, but I doubt it will before July ...

Today, individual errors laid us low, not so much his line-up.

3 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Davies and Soutter mentally deficient and need to be moved on in summer for big game players.

Nothing shows cracks like the bright light of high pressure games against teams with talent.

I am afraid my initial hunch with Davies was probably correct. 

Souttar is just a dumpster fire all round. 

I don't know what they were thinking...maybe there weren't. 

He will probably be injured tomorrow anyway...not wishing...but you know.

Unfortunately we are stuck with these guys for a while. 

Thought the other mob were bang average again, and yet we cannot get one over on them. Only Raskin, Cantwell & Tav get pass marks today. How does Beale not sub Kent, he was utterly shocking, an empty shirt. 

Edited by Graeme Ro55

Seen a bit of revisionism post match in regards to the manager and making changes. Pretty sure when Ally mentioned it there was 55 on the clock and the game was pretty even, you can't legislate for a brainfart from your centre back. I'd say it's too early to go gung ho at that point.

It's a mental complex this squad has against Celtic even if we did show a better face. The managers sussed the rest of the league and today I thought he had Postecoglou's number if it weren't for players putting it on a plate for the opposition.

Motm Raskin for me if it even matters, but I think we're desperate for a mobile striker.

With regard to Alfie’s goal, the bheggar lost his balance. Not even the anointed can simultaneously push backwards at an opponent and lean forwards to head the ball. Meantime, Tillman is shovelled out of the way and Jack is held captive on the goal line.

So, out of that incident, Rangers are entitled to a goal and two penalties and get nothing. There is no referee conspiracy. Clancy is perfectly open about the fact that he supports celtic and will do what’s necessary. There was no hoodwinking. None required. Only an honest man can be deceived.