How do we see the rest of the season going?

18 hours ago, Bill said:

With the exception of Hagi, I don't think it matters who we play. It's very unlikely we will be relying on the likes of King, Lowry or McRorie next season. If we are then we'll have gone backwards instead of forwards.

Not entirely. It’s possible due to registration rules for Europe to let the manager take a look at these guys and decide if they are good enough for supporting roles rather than expect them to be 50 games a season stalwarts. It’s a squad game. These guys  are also cheaper wage wise than some of the squad filler at the moment that can’t cut the mustard. 

• Rousseau changed the title to How do we see the rest of the season going?
14 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Not entirely. It’s possible due to registration rules for Europe to let the manager take a look at these guys and decide if they are good enough for supporting roles rather than expect them to be 50 games a season stalwarts. It’s a squad game. These guys  are also cheaper wage wise than some of the squad filler at the moment that can’t cut the mustard. 

As I said, it doesn't matter who he selects between now and the end of the season but I think basing our ambitions for next season on the players you mention is just committing to the same outcome.

37 minutes ago, Bill said:

As I said, it doesn't matter who he selects between now and the end of the season but I think basing our ambitions for next season on the players you mention is just committing to the same outcome.

No one is basing ambitions on guys that may or may not be good squad players.

16 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Sounds like the type of players we like. Maybe we’ll build the team around them.

If they were good enough we could / would but I fear they aren't. Hope I'm wrong especially in the case of Lowry. 

31 minutes ago, CammyF said:

If they were good enough we could / would but I fear they aren't. Hope I'm wrong especially in the case of Lowry. 

They’re nowhere near good enough. We attach so much hope to players who have achieved nothing in the game. It reminds me of the mentality that was so common as we climbed up through the lower leagues. Then we fret and froth over “squad players” when we have inadequate first choice players in so many positions. 

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

Not good enough to build a team around I'd agree. But Mo Ross and Boab Malcolm have a fair few medals between them, every winning squad needs these type of players.