[FT] Rangers 5 (Cantwell 26'; Sakala 48'; Morelos 80', 81'; Arfield 86') - 2 St Mirren

Best team we could pick today given injuries. Was expecting it to be quiet today but a lot of people outside Ibrox enjoying the afternoon sunshine. Wonder of they'll all be tempted into ibrox for kick off 😃

Edited by CammyF

22 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

This was one of my concerns with Beale being appointed manager: not giving youngsters a chance.

He says he likes to work with young players, but when has he ever given them a chance? SG, likewise, didn't give them a chance.  

Which youngsters are you alluding to? 

8 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Let's put it this way: I wouldn't throw them on from the off either. Yet, we essentially go 4-2-3-1 again, when we might easily have thrown in Matondo on either wing and play Sakala next to Morelos. 

Anyway, having Raskin fit means that we look more attacking than with Jack and Lundstram. It has to be clear where everyone is, as far too often, our "attackers" rove around and we have far too many open spaces and thus the defense can cope with us easily enough.

I don't mean throw on 4, 5, 6 youngsters, but surely one could start? 

12 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Which youngsters are you alluding to? 

King, Lowry, Devine, Lovelace, Rice, McCorie (albeit injured today), McCausland.

Tamundo and Ridvan I consider a youngsters, too. 

I'm not suggesting they all should start, but they don't even get many minutes towards the end of games. 

It's just a personal gripe of mine. 

I know we had an article almost criticising Benfica's youth approach - because they can't keep their good teams together long enough to challenge in Europe - but it's still a good model to copy or learn from. 

When one of their top players is injured or sold, they draft in youngsters. They may be talented, but they're completely untested and inexperienced. They're thrown into the deep end. They had a 19-year-old CB playing in the quarter-finals of the CL midweek. 

And they also need to win every week. 

22 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

King, Lowry, Devine, Lovelace, Rice, McCorie (albeit injured today), McCausland.

Tamundo and Ridvan I consider a youngsters, too. 

I'm not suggesting they all should start, but they don't even get many minutes towards the end of games. 

It's just a personal gripe of mine. 

King, Lovelace, Lowry, Rice and Devine have featured at times this season, some more than others and McCorrie and Ridvan are njured.

Lowry has had injury and personal issues and don't think he is even featuring for the B Team.

The manager said yesreray if they show up in training they will get in the squad / team.