Club1872, UB and RSA joint statement

Joint Statement - Club 1872, Union Bears and RSA

Dear Contributor,

The Union Bears, Club 1872 and the Rangers Supporters Association (RSA) have held a series of very constructive meetings over the past few weeks, sharing our experiences and concerns about the direction of the club over the last couple of years.

We are all agreed on our wish for greater accountability, competence and transparency from the leadership of the club. We would like to welcome John Bennett to his new role as Chairman and express our hope that he will engage with supporters and make the required changes to ensure that his publicly articulated vision of a “best in class” Rangers will become a reality. It is our shared view that there is a lot of work to be done for that to be the case.

For our own part, we all stand ready to engage constructively with Mr Bennett and share our perspectives with him. We hope that process will begin very shortly. We all want Rangers to thrive and succeed and we hope that constructive, open and honest dialogue will be a priority for the new Chairman.

Club 1872

• Frankie changed the title to Club1872, UB & RSA joint statement

Reading that statement, the underlying premise seems to be that all will be well as long as the Chairman consults and takes on board the wisdom of these groups. It reeks of arrogance and unearned self-importance. I don't deny they have a point of view the same as everyone else but the assumption that such views must be valid is laughable. In the complex environment of running Rangers, I'll trust John Bennett long before I take seriously the necessarily ill-informed opinions of these supporters groups.

2 hours ago, BEARGER said:

The Union Bears, Club 1872 and the Rangers Supporters Association (RSA) have held a series of very constructive meetings over the past few weeks, sharing our experiences and concerns about the direction of the club over the last couple of years.

Like reaching a European final? 

If C1872 were serious about wanting to improve matters they would be investing in the club and not using the cash to buy from some unknown third party. 

What a strange coming together. Club 1872, a vehicle to own shares in the club, the RSA who try to get RSC's more tickets, and the UB who sing songs and do displays at games. Each of the three at pretty much going in different directions to each other. I know the RSA didnt consult its membership before either speaking to the others, or issuing this statement, so they will have to answer internally for that. 

In the real world, this is another look at me statement which most Rangers fans will read and go meh.

• Frankie changed the title to Club1872, UB and RSA joint statement
5 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Like reaching a European final? 

If C1872 were serious about wanting to improve matters they would be investing in the club and not using the cash to buy from some unknown third party. 

They can only do that if the "club" allow them. Maybe one of the agenda items with their meeting with the board. It appears C1872 have been excluded (like most other investors) from latest share dilusion, sorry distrubution.  Anyway can't really blame them for buying shares from a "3rd party"  

As a member of a RSC I have no issue with RSA adding their name to this statement or their desire to raise issues with the board. 100% behind them. 

6 hours ago, Bill said:

Reading that statement, the underlying premise seems to be that all will be well as long as the Chairman consults and takes on board the wisdom of these groups. It reeks of arrogance and unearned self-importance. I don't deny they have a point of view the same as everyone else but the assumption that such views must be valid is laughable. In the complex environment of running Rangers, I'll trust John Bennett long before I take seriously the necessarily ill-informed opinions of these supporters groups.

Maybe not a good time to mention that some 13-15 years ago a website presented a blueprint to Rangers suggesting improvements the club could consider.

Maybe @Frankie still has the presentation (which was excellent) that was given to Mr Murray. 

IIRC I'm sure a delegation from said website presented this in person to Mr Murray (thankfully I wasn't present). 

Fans with suggestions eh, what would you do with them....

5 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

What a strange coming together. Club 1872, a vehicle to own shares in the club, the RSA who try to get RSC's more tickets, and the UB who sing songs and do displays at games. Each of the three at pretty much going in different directions to each other. I know the RSA didnt consult its membership before either speaking to the others, or issuing this statement, so they will have to answer internally for that. 

In the real world, this is another look at me statement which most Rangers fans will read and go meh.

I would hope that the RSA are not only trying to get RSC more tickets, I'd like to think they are attempting to engage with the board on the many issues Rangers fans encounter on out travels. 

Like the horrendous issues safely accessing grounds like Easter Road, Livingston and Killie (to name 3) where the lack of operational turnstiles, policing or stewarding means crushes and fans missing some of the game. 

I hope they are also highlighting how we are policed differently and use Parkhead as an example. We're rounded up, stuck in early, get bottles thrown at us, then run a gauntlet when leaving. When they come to Ibrox, they are given safe access and exit. 

Maybe they are also engaging the club on how the Police and Stewards (at all grounds) are more concerned about stopping fans entering with water and cans of juice than fans with alcohol and banners that say Kill All H#ns. 

May be I'm being a bit optimistic and you are right, maybe they only want more tickets for RSC.

45 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I would hope that the RSA are not only trying to get RSC more tickets, I'd like to think they are attempting to engage with the board on the many issues Rangers fans encounter on out travels. 

Like the horrendous issues safely accessing grounds like Easter Road, Livingston and Killie (to name 3) where the lack of operational turnstiles, policing or stewarding means crushes and fans missing some of the game. 

I hope they are also highlighting how we are policed differently and use Parkhead as an example. We're rounded up, stuck in early, get bottles thrown at us, then run a gauntlet when leaving. When they come to Ibrox, they are given safe access and exit. 

Maybe they are also engaging the club on how the Police and Stewards (at all grounds) are more concerned about stopping fans entering with water and cans of juice than fans with alcohol and banners that say Kill All H#ns. 

May be I'm being a bit optimistic and you are right, maybe they only want more tickets for RSC.

Well as you’re a member of a RSC you can ask them, or ask your club secretary to ask them, about these issues, but having been a RSC secretary for over 25 years and had many engagements with the RSA I’m pretty sure that getting increased ticket allocations are number 1 priority and always have been.

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Maybe not a good time to mention that some 13-15 years ago a website presented a blueprint to Rangers suggesting improvements the club could consider.

Maybe @Frankie still has the presentation (which was excellent) that was given to Mr Murray. 

IIRC I'm sure a delegation from said website presented this in person to Mr Murray (thankfully I wasn't present). 

Fans with suggestions eh, what would you do with them....

Anyone is free to send suggestions to the club at any time. No need to be a website to do it.