The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

4 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Interesting choice of words.

Assets, nothin more, nothin less.

Waitin was in the stone age.

"Players are cattle and owners are ranchers, and the ranchers can always get more cattle."

-Tex Schramm

Edited by Malangsob

6 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Do you really think that is a rare thing for a club to do?

I think it shows we've massively missed the boat and haven't managed to commit to our strategy. If you are offering players then you are looking at a cut price deal, which is a failure.

8 hours ago, PoohBear said:

I think it shows we've massively missed the boat and haven't managed to commit to our strategy. If you are offering players then you are looking at a cut price deal, which is a failure.

Success is winning the league. Failure is not winning the league.

Previously we preferred to keep the player. Now we prefer the money.

No idea what you mean in reference to strategy.

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

I was given the impression that there was only a limited budget available, given the problems with these old investors and companies? Looking back at the season in the stats, the only new players that were really given a chance were Colak and Tillman plus Raskin and Cantwell later on. Lawrence looked really good, but then injury struck. Many old players have simply not performed as they did before, lots of injuries too ... all things that you couldn't know at the start of the season. A recipe for disaster.

5 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Speaking to 90min in 2021 about his football philosophy, Wilson said:

"You have to change throughout, adapt and reflect what you're thinking. Yes, your principles inside stay the same, but you have to keeping adapting.

"We have built a modern infrastructure here [at Rangers], we have built up many things such as analytics in data and analysis across different areas, but we are always building. I am not saying you rip it up and start again, but it is a constant evolution."

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/explained-ross-wilsons-football-philosophy-8346821

Doesn't sound like what the plan was to me.

The plan was always to innovate, grow, innovate, grow.

Stasis was never in the plan...that includes players.

The problem with Ross Wilson was that he had a pair of squirrel balls.

Edited by Malangsob
some people r sensitive.

15 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Speaking to 90min in 2021 about his football philosophy, Wilson said:

"You have to change throughout, adapt and reflect what you're thinking. Yes, your principles inside stay the same, but you have to keeping adapting.

"We have built a modern infrastructure here [at Rangers], we have built up many things such as analytics in data and analysis across different areas, but we are always building. I am not saying you rip it up and start again, but it is a constant evolution."

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/explained-ross-wilsons-football-philosophy-8346821

Doesn't sound like what the plan was to me.

The plan was always to innovate, grow, innovate, grow.

Stasis was never in the plan...that includes players.

The problem with Ross Wilson was that he had a pair of squirrel balls.

random text generator go brrrrrrr.......

On 03/05/2023 at 09:27, Graeme Ro55 said:

Of the above Krasso from Saint-Etienne looks the part to me, but judging players on toutube clips is far from scientific. 

I give you..... Filip Sebo 🤣

7 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Is there a chance maybe Kent & Morelos will sign new deals as free agents like Goldson did at the end of last season meaning sell on clauses for their previous clubs will be binned?

I'd heard that may be the case with Kent as his contract had less favourable clauses but I don't know why the club wouldn't be up front about it if it was happening. IIRC, Morelos has already extended his contract a couple of times so doubt there are any clauses remaining.

Given recent performances it seems more likely that both are away.

Rangers winger Ryan Kent, who is out of contract this summer, has agreed to join Fenerbahce at the end of the season after the Super Lig club offered the 26-year-old a deal earlier this week, according to reports in Turkey. (Daily Record)

... which in turn opens the door for Luis Palma:

However, with Kent headed to Istanbul, the Gers are now in pole position to sign Palma with their interest becoming more serious as a result of Kent’s imminent exit.

Honduran newspaper Diario La Prensa reported in its print edition on 29 April [pg 227] that the Light Blues are ready to submit a £4.4million bid for the left-sided forward.

Palma’s had a good season in Thessaloniki, there’s no doubt about that.

He’s scored 13 goals and supplied eight assists in 35 appearances across all competitions.

He’s found the back of the net against bitter rivals PAOK and twice against Olympiakos so he hasn’t shied away from the big occasions in Greece.

... muses Ibrox News.

Meanwhile regarding Tillman - STV:

Malik Tillman’s loan spell at Rangers has ended through injury as boss Michael Beale revealed Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent have not been offered new deals.

The 20-year-old attacking midfielder joined the Ibrox club on loan from German giants Bayern Munich last summer with the cinch Premiership outfit having the first option to buy with the fee reported to be around £5m.

Tillman had to come off in last week’s Scottish Cup semi-final defeat by Celtic at Hampden Park which effectively ended hopes of silverware, with the hamstring injury which rules him out of the last five fixtures.

Ahead of the cinch Premiership game against Aberdeen at Ibrox on Sunday, Beale said: “Unfortunately that is the end of Malik’s season.

“He has got a hamstring injury, he has gone back to Bayern for them to have a look at him as well.

“He has had his scan. It is a hugely sad ending to the season for him because he is obviously a fine young player and he has performed well for the club so far this season.

“That (talk of permanent deal) is all still on-going in the background as well.

“Me and Malik are in a great place on a personal level.

“He’s been brilliant for the club and I think brilliant for me in my time here.

“He’s a player I think has a really high ceiling – as high as anyone I’ve worked with in my time here at Rangers.

“There’s areas of his game that at 20 years old he certainly has to brush up on but that’s why he’s come on loan.

“We said we’d park the conversation until the middle of May because there’s a lot around it. We want to get to end of the season.

“And Malik has got a say in this as well. Obviously the two clubs have been talking back and forth and there’s agreements between them.

“But the most important person is Malik. If Malik wants to be here in Glasgow then it’s something we can make happen.

“Likewise if he’s unsure…

“We’d said we’d park the conversation until the middle of May and nothing has changed on that.”

After the Hoops defeat Beale promised the “biggest rebuild in years” and gave a strong hint that striker Morelos and Kent, both out of contract in the summer, would depart the club.

The former QPR boss said: “They have been two fantastic players for the club.

“We haven’t come forward with a contract offer, both have been free to speak to other clubs for a while now.

“But in terms of the next five games they are Rangers players and they will continue to be so until anything announced officially.”