The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I'm asking because I see a pressing forward in Lammers' profile. 

A pressing forward won't get you 20-25 goals a season. 

I get frustrated when people judge players by some vague idea of a forward that does everything under the sun - and similarly for all positions. When many judge a forward they are judging him to a traditional target man number 9 standard. 

Not every forward is that. 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Calm down. 

I'm just asking what the stats are?

You said 'stats', which suggests you have an array of stats, but I assumed, rightly, that you just meant one stat in particular. I wanted to clear that up. 

His stats are not just poor mate, they are utterly shit. Don't try and sugar coat it or anything. We must have scouted him very thoroughly if we believe he is worth the kind of money we are talking about, because on paper he is awful.

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I'm asking because I see a pressing forward in Lammers' profile. 

A pressing forward won't get you 20-25 goals a season. 

I get frustrated when people judge players by some vague idea of a forward that does everything under the sun - and similarly for all positions. When many judge a forward they are judging him to a traditional target man number 9 standard. 

Not every forward is that. 

Rangers aren't playing a forward that can only manage 4 goals and 2 assists in 3 years mate.

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

Well, where the goals return is poor you expect to see the creative stats make up for it. That’s not the case here, there are a myriad of creative stats that are very poor, some that are acceptable. 

Or you maybe look for signs that he’s been unlucky with goals, but it doesn’t look like he has been unlucky. In the 11th percentile for non-pen xG, also the 11th for shots on target % (the Dutch Kent), 7th percentile for miscontrols another one that stands out. 

He's clearly good at dribbling and tackling. 

He can't be blamed for his xG. He can only take the chances he's given. 

What you'd criticise him for is scoring under his xG, which he did last season. But, it's 2 goals from an xG of 4. It's not atrocious. Two goals from an xG of 10 would be atrocious.  

Like I've said elsewhere, he looks like a pressing forward in profile. They're not generally goalscorers. 

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

What you'd criticise him for is scoring under his xG, which he did last season. But, it's 2 goals from an xG of 4. It's not atrocious. Two goals from an xG of 10 would be atrocious.  

Like I've said elsewhere, he looks like a pressing forward in profile. They're not generally goalscorers. 

You’re being extremely generous if you’re saying he’s not at all responsible for being in a position to score.

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Yeh, and for the avoidance of doubt (again), I’m not writing him off. I like technical players, and I like his technique on the ball. I'm hoping our trust in Beale is well placed. We could certainly do with more dribblers in the team. Kent has been our go-to for about 5 years and his dribbling success always hovered around 40%.