The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

We were knee-deep in EBTs. :D

You'll never convince me that this is a good deal, financially. 

That was a 1m move in 1990. Would have to dig deep to when the EBT cases started, but no matter, you wouldn't get someone from Monaco of that quality nowadays for that sum - which was the point. 165 games, 87 goals, including some interesting ones against Leeds and Marseille et al ... we may argue about whether this deal was good financially. Likewise, you wouldn't say that NIAR was not good financially because of EBTs et al.

On 29/06/2023 at 17:22, Gonzo79 said:

Sometimes wonder if it's just a big competition to see who is the most angry/disappointed about the latest signing/strip release/club statement etc. 

Don't worry bud, you are still close to the top of that particular leaderboard..... ;)

On 01/07/2023 at 08:56, compo said:

Patience isn’t in my vocabulary I look across the city and see a bunch with a sound business strategy buy them cheap sell them high and what’s our game apart from a couple it’s spend foolishly give them decent contracts and allow them to leave for nothing.

You see what they tell you.  For every Jota they have a Barkas, Ajeti, Duffy on high wages - don't be fooled that they always get it right because they don't.

18 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

'Would've' is a contraction of 'would have', not 'would of'.  

A lot.

As well.

Just thought I'd those in there too, for any confused parties.  

Any chance you could construct this part of your post properly ? ;)

As much as we are rightly refreshing/rebooting our front line (Dessers, Lammars, Sima plus another) our biggest issue last season was goals conceded. It seems to be rather overlooked but we hit more goals last season than we did during our 55 season so we must be doing something right. If we can get the goals against column down substantially, we won't be far away IMO. 

I can't see us getting a striker that scores 25 plus but playing more with a system that allows 4/5 players getting into double figures. 

6 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

As much as we are rightly refreshing/rebooting our front line (Dessers, Lammars, Sima plus another) our biggest issue last season was goals conceded. It seems to be rather overlooked but we hit more goals last season than we did during our 55 season so we must be doing something right. If we can get the goals against column down substantially, we won't be far away IMO. 

I can't see us getting a striker that scores 25 plus but playing more with a system that allows 4/5 players getting into double figures. 

Fully agree, we need to halve our goals conceded or at least cut it down by a third. We've scored enough goals to win leagues for years now, it's the defending that's cost us.

Strikers grab the headlines and the Football Twitter accounts by the balls though so people won't be arsed until we let a 2 goal lead slip against Motherwell at home in the run in.

Edited by yuddie

45 minutes ago, craig said:

You see what they tell you.  For every Jota they have a Barkas, Ajeti, Duffy on high wages - don't be fooled that they always get it right because they don't.

Absolutely, they've a few Japanese players that are utter gash as well, but you don't hear about those....