The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

12 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Maybe we are playing hard ball on the price? We can effectively get him for free in October. 

I think that's not a bad way to go. 

Are we really desperate for another midfielder? 

It was the forward line that really needed strengthened, with reinforcements in defence second.

40 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Many of our goals against last season happened when we had the ball or were in "control" of a situation. The two that come to mind were the 2 at Parkhead in the game that effectively ended our league challenge. Ben Davies terrible defensive header and Jack/Souttar/MacGregor pissing about in defence.

It's still the same root cause, our use of the ball was pish, otherwise we wouldn't have got into the situation.

FWIW I'm not a Davies fan, and Greegs was done. Hopefully both of those situations won't be an issue come the start of the season.

Cifuentes is shrewd if we can get him for between £1-2m, it might even be cheaper with his contract up soon.

If a Saudi bolt out of the blue comes in for a player (wright/kamara/tav) then it could turbo charge our budget for this window and January. Although I think Morelos is a tap in for Gerrard.

I'll keep saying it, left centre back is crucial and it's an area where we could develop and sell on for big profit.. look at Max Kilman at Wolves, bought for less than 100k and subject to 40m interest from Napoli. That's why I think Panzo or Cresswell makes sense, young, left footed and homegrown for English clubs..there's potential money to be had. But first, trophies!

Good left footed centre halves are thin on the ground, English ones even more so.

5 hours ago, yuddie said:

I think we're being strung along by LAFC to be honest, there seems to be a great deal of snobbery in the US towards Scottish football.

Just make the fourth kit a rainbow, hire a 'trans woman' coach, and throw up some black power murals.

They will be giving us players in fifteen minutes.