The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

21 minutes ago, CammyF said:

He is obviously not going to feature for us, so it's probably best for him to go and get game time elsewhere.

I think it's stupid not to use him, but even if we don't want him, we should sell.

We're just running down his contract and value to us. 

21 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think it's stupid not to use him, but even if we don't want him, we should sell.

We're just running down his contract and value to us. 

Again we are assuming someone wants to buy him. He is either gonna sit on the sidelines at Ibrox not playing or he is going to go on loan to someone and play.

We have a better chance to sell him if he is playing regularly surely?

48 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Again we are assuming someone wants to buy him. He is either gonna sit on the sidelines at Ibrox not playing or he is going to go on loan to someone and play.

Absolutely, or if he does really well with regular playing time on loan, we could have a player back that would be like a new signing. Or we sell him for more money (Tillman a good example)

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

I think we can assume there will be interested clubs, if he's made available. We had a link a few pages ago from Israel. 

I still think it's stupid. We're wasting his value, IMO. 

Edit: He has a longer contract than I thought, so it's not as bad, but I still think that it is stupid.

A - Use him.

B - Sell him.

C - Loan with obligation to buy. 

D - Loan with option to buy. 

E - Loan with nothing. 

F - Let him rot in the B-team.

G - Release him. 

Personally, I'm A. However, if the manager doesn't want to use him, then it should be B, then C or D with fines if they decide against. 

E is stupid. IMO.

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think we can assume there will be interested clubs, if he's made available. We had a link a few pages ago from Israel. 

I still think it's stupid. We're wasting his value, IMO. 

Edit: He has a longer contract than I thought, so it's not as bad, but I still think that it is stupid.

Yeah, surprised me too! Contract until 2026. So I think a loan could be a good option. It allows us to see how he does and if well, it's a win/win. If he doesn't then at least we know if he has a future here or not. 

When was the last time that we sent someone on loan, who then came back and made the team stronger?