The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

34 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Was Charlie Adam's loan to St Mirren further back than McGregor? Says a lot if those two were the last successful ones!

Just checked it was 2005/2006 he was loaned to St Mirren. So basically same time as McGregor.

We're stocked with no.10's or players who can start out wide and drift in, if we can loan him and double what we bought him for at the end of it i.e. 6m then how could you say no to that?

I see this as a win-win situation for player and club. Especially with Tom Lawrence coming back and playing yesterday.

We've essentially done what Munich did with us and Tillman, except we haven't dangled a mythical £6m carrot for Alaves at the end of the loan - it's a straight loan where we can assess his value at the end of it.

We might get more or less after the loan, but I like that the board is being proactive rather than conservative.

Edited by yuddie

Hagi has never really been a nailed on starter for us, and I don't think he'd be one under most managers with the current squad. A good player to use on occasions or to bring off the bench, but he needs first team games so a loan is an excellent idea in principle. 

35 minutes ago, yuddie said:

We're stocked with no.10's or players who can start out wide and drift in, if we can loan him and double what we bought him for at the end of it i.e. 6m then how could you say no to that?

I see this as a win-win situation for player and club. Especially with Tom Lawrence coming back and playing yesterday.

How could you say yes to that, you've just made it up. 

13 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

How could you say yes to that, you've just made it up. 

Well, aye it's hypothetical?

I'll cover all bases and say he what if he flops at Alaves, camps out on the bench and no one wants to take him?

Or he has a good loan, Barca come in with a £30m bid after he puts on a masterclass at the Spotify arena and we're laughing.

No loan fee is stupid granted but the actual loan is fine imo, we're not short in that area.

21 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Well, aye it's hypothetical?

I'll cover all bases and say he what if he flops at Alaves, camps out on the bench and no one wants to take him?

Or he has a good loan, Barca come in with a £30m bid after he puts on a masterclass at the Spotify arena and we're laughing.

No loan fee is stupid granted but the actual loan is fine imo, we're not short in that area.

Being in the Spanish top flight is an excellent shop window right enough (assuming that he gets a game).