The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

News that Sakala has rejected an offer from Saudi 🤦‍♀️

Rangers star 'REJECTS big money move' to Saudi Arabia to fight for Ibrox future | The Scottish Sun

We really need to get some of these guys moved on.

McLaughlin

Barisic

Davies

Lundstram

Kamara

Sakala

Matondo

Roofe

Can all go ASAP

Would listen to offers for 

Tav 

Hagi

Ridvan

McRorie

Expect this to pick up in the coming weeks.

I haven't been convinced yet by Sima, Dessers and Lammers (to lesser degree) to allow Sakala, Matondo or Roofe to be sold yet, and I'm also not holding my breath for any of those to be replaced by better quality at this stage. 

I'm beginning to think we've gambled too much by brining in ALL (?) of MB's targets in one go. I'm yet to be impressed by any of them so far, so I hope Cifuentes and Danilo make the difference. 

I know it takes time for new players, who have moved to a foreign country to settle in and be their best on the park, so maybe being a little unfair to judge at this stage, but recruiting more players now might be a bit too much, unless we can find better quality here in Scotland....

11 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

I haven't been convinced yet by Sima, Dessers and Lammers (to lesser degree) to allow Sakala, Matondo or Roofe to be sold yet, and I'm also not holding my breath for any of those to be replaced by better quality at this stage. 

I'm beginning to think we've gambled too much by brining in ALL (?) of MB's targets in one go. I'm yet to be impressed by any of them so far, so I hope Cifuentes and Danilo make the difference. 

I know it takes time for new players, who have moved to a foreign country to settle in and be their best on the park, so maybe being a little unfair to judge at this stage, but recruiting more players now might be a bit too much, unless we can find better quality here in Scotland....

What, even Cantwell and Raskin? 

Unless they prove us otherwise in weeks and months to come, IMHO, Roofe is still our most clinical striker. Lammers looks to me more like the Laudrup type of attacker, Dessers a straight centre forward who feeds off others, and Sima a decent enough left sided attacker / striker. Who knows where Danilo fits in, but if we pay serious money for Dessers and Danilo, it is most likely them being meant to be first choice. Sakala fits in all across the front line, always a pest, always a danger - even if his end product is lacking somewhat (but is - without doubt - still there).

MB has a task on his hands to check out who is working best against what type of opposition. As of now, if everyone is fit, our attack force it heavily loaded with people, of whom we essentially know only Sakala, Cantwell, Roofe and Lawrence, the last two in patches only. The front and second row union needs to be made to click and while it may take a month or two, we won't run out of attackers like the last few seasons. That should give us some hope. 

My main concern remains the defensive, as we simply concede too many cheap goals. Get these chap fit and make it a back-3. We need to get this particular house in order.

11 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Unless they prove us otherwise in weeks and months to come, IMHO, Roofe is still our most clinical striker. Lammers looks to me more like the Laudrup type of attacker, Dessers a straight centre forward who feeds off others, and Sima a decent enough left sided attacker / striker. Who knows where Danilo fits in, but if we pay serious money for Dessers and Danilo, it is most likely them being meant to be first choice. Sakala fits in all across the front line, always a pest, always a danger - even if his end product is lacking somewhat (but is - without doubt - still there).

MB has a task on his hands to check out who is working best against what type of opposition. As of now, if everyone is fit, our attack force it heavily loaded with people, of whom we essentially know only Sakala, Cantwell, Roofe and Lawrence, the last two in patches only. The front and second row union needs to be made to click and while it may take a month or two, we won't run out of attackers like the last few seasons. That should give us some hope. 

My main concern remains the defensive, as we simply concede too many cheap goals. Get these chap fit and make it a back-3. We need to get this particular house in order.

I think a lot of Rangers fans don't realise just how good a player Roofe is as (the 55 season apart) we've not seen enough of him due to various injuries. 

It's evident that we have some serious attacking options available but the trick will be ensuring that we can quickly determine the most prolific combination.