The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Our 3 strikers at the moment are on approx Morelos 30-35k, Roofe on approx 28k, and Colak on 18k.

A bit stupid really.

Quality will cost money. We don't want to sign players like Shankland and Co. in the 5 to 10k bracket, but on the other side won't accept higher wages for better players?

BTW, there are sure some good players out and about in the German BL, BL2 and their u23 teams, who will most likely not demand wages like a Sterling, if that one is actually true.

10 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Quality will cost money. We don't want to sign players like Shankland and Co. in the 5 to 10k bracket, but on the other side won't accept higher wages for better players?

BTW, there are sure some good players out and about in the German BL, BL2 and their u23 teams, who will most likely not demand wages like a Sterling, if that one is actually true.

Are we getting quality from our money now? Celtics Japanese contingent are on a fraction of our top earners wages. Kyogo on the same as Colak.

I'd take Shankland as 3rd choice for 5-10k.

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'd poach Lyall Cameron from Dundee - for the B team. 

Sign him. First team material soon enough. Plenty of energy and knows what to do with a football. Not a big bloke but doesn’t get pushed around.

He might not make it in which case sell him to Hearts or Aberdeen or better still, OPR or similar.

4 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

van Veen wont require a fee or big wages. So doesn't really need to have a resale value. His profile would come in as a stop gap.

The Maja signing however would be a bosman but require a large sign on fee, an agent fee and a high wage over a longer term deal. He has also passed peak sale age (18-23 someone can look at the stats and correct me). 

Maja wouldnt be the player trading model win some think. He would purely be a come in and get a few good years then punt like Aribo.

I would take that with pretty much all our squad in fairness.  As frustrating as Aribo could be, he played a hefty part in 55 and in the EL final campaign, all for a cross border development fee of, what, 350k ?  And sold for 8 mill ?  Yes please

4 hours ago, der Berliner said:

NB: That Dujon Sterling man is a right-back (who has played as left-back too ... so much for "utility") and his contract at Chelsea's u23s runs out this summer.

They don't even play U23's anymore - it is U21's (not a dig at you dB, more that if he is in their U23's he isnt playing much) - I went to see Chelsea U21's against Crystal Palace U21's last month.... if Beale is looking for ANY player from that Chelsea team he should be looking at Charlie Webster, central midfielder who is very tidy on the ball (never going to get him, has had a couple of games for 1st team and better teams will be looking at him) - a great option, IMHO, would be Jadan Raymond of Crystal Palace - plays the LM (Kent) role and is very tidy on the ball too - those two were stand-outs that night.

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I don't mind targeting the cast-offs of (top) PL sides. 

How come they're built like a brick shithouse? And our youngsters are midgets? Compare them to Billy Gilmour. 

Mate, that Chelsea v Palace U21 game I went to.... Palace had a CM who was about 6'5 and built like an absolute tank..... terrible player though... yet also has played in their 1st team.

Speaking of that game - Omari Hutchinson, who hit the news for leaving Arsenal for Chelsea... is on 14k a week apparently... was dreadful.  Only in the game when they gave him the ball, poor decision-making - quick feet admittedly - but for all the hype I was very unimpressed