2023 Glasgow Cup Final: Rangers v Beast FC

I only saw from minute 87 to the end minute 96. The team looked really good in that short time. Lovelace whom I wrote off last week performed a Puskas-like bit of skill to provide the opening for the equaliser which Weston smashed home like Jim Forrest. Could easily have scored two more with a bit of luck. Rice scored a Hubbard-esque opening penalty. The opposition’s first attempt was laughable. Sadly some of Rangers’ further efforts were as bad.

10 hours ago, CammyF said:

Only real positive from tonight was the performance of 16 year old Bailey Rice. Looked the best player on the pitch. 

Last two games against Celtic he has absolutely strolled it, only 16 as well

Ure, Fraser and Lovelace, who I'd talked up in a different thread, were really disappointing. None of them will make our first team based on that performance. Lovelace scored the second and made the third to be fair, but he's slow and was easily dispossessed by a Celtic defence that didn't loom all that good either. Ure will be lucky to make it as a footballer at any level if that's the standard he performs at. 

As has already been mentioned Bailey Rice, at 16 one of the youngest on the pitch, really stood out. I thought Arron Lyall had some nice moments too, but at 19 you have to assume he's not going to make it at Rangers now either. The lad Graham who came on as a sub did well, albeit he should never be allowed to take a penalty again. 

Lowry is a frustrating player. He clearly has so much ability but every pass he tries is a Hollywood pass and so many simply don't come off. If he could understand when it's better to simply retain possession he'd be a much better player. Some day a manager will figure out how to get into his head and get the best from him, I hope that's Beale but I worry it might not be. 

Celtic had a few players who were very fast, much faster than anyone on our team. They also had a forward who scored two goals who looked like he really knows the way to goal, his second was a superb finish. Beyond that I didn't think they were anything great. Like us they'd a few bombscare moments in defence but perhaps had a better keeper. 

It'll be interesting to see if Rice can progress.