Just watched the Brazil v France re-run and have to say Zidane played out his skin!

IMO he's definatly in the top 5 all time best players and maybe comes 3rd behind Maradona and Pele.

Beckenbauer maybe Gav but I disagree with Matthaus. Matthaus was a great player but for me ZZ just has that something extra - he can win a game on his own when in the mood.

Cannavaro has been a rock - funny, a rumours site says he will sign for Celtic - yeah, right !!

Beckenbauer maybe Gav but I disagree with Matthaus. Matthaus was a great player but for me ZZ just has that something extra - he can win a game on his own when in the mood.

Cannavaro has been a rock - funny, a rumours site says he will sign for Celtic - yeah, right !!

If Juve do get relegated Fulham want to sign him. I can't see him going there, they're too pish!

I thought Matthaus was outstanding in the same way Baresi was for Italy or even Maldini. Just too many players to name.

For me its Marasdonna as he's the one I watched an only heard stories or video of Pele. If it came down to taht Id probably say Jimmy Greaves

Beakenbauer and Cruyff would be the next 2 in the all time 5 but not Matthaus, he'd be top 10 though.

Agree with Craig, Zidane can turn it on and produce that little bit extra.

1) Maradona

2) Pele

3) Zidane

4) Cruyff

5) Beckenbauer

Agreed Jon, so many players to mention !

I watched highlights last week of the WC in Mexico '86.... unbelievable the way Maradona basically single-handedly won Argentina the WC. When he had the ball at his feet NO-ONE could take it off him.

That is the single best tournament performance I have EVER seen.

I would like to say Pele because he is a better role model than Maradona, but like you I have only seen video footage of him - Maradona is the best I have ever seen - and I highly doubt I will ever see a player like him again !

Beakenbauer and Cruyff would be the next 2 in the all time 5 but not Matthaus, he'd be top 10 though.

Agree with Craig, Zidane can turn it on and produce that little bit extra.

1) Maradona

2) Pele

3) Zidane

4) Cruyff

5) Beckenbauer

Can you imagine all those guys in the same team with Matthaus playing a holding role for ZZ ?

Even with just those 5 or 6 players you have a team VERY hard to beat, and when you have Best on the right side of midfield and Namouchi on the left (lol) this would be a world beating team !

Gazza could have come close if he dindt have a self destruct switch.

Lineker was an awesome goal scorer but agian , Maradonna is the best I seen in living memory