Rangers Fans Forum

7 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

Well not technically but it has been since about 2005!

But technically it's not your seat - you rent it from the club per season and pay heftly for the privilege.

7 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

I am no wanting some wee arsehole standing next to me - no offence to the UB 

I've had some UBs next to me at Ibrox and away grounds. Mostly they have been OK. Maybe being an ex-member of TBO, I have a different tolerance level to those attempting to improve the atmosphere. 

7 hours ago, onevision said:

SOME Folk seem to forget that THEY were once that wee arsehole.

I sit near the UB and not bothered one little bit by the big bad banging drum.

The banging drum doesn't bother me either and neither does the UB trying to create an atmosphere. I have heard some stories about them at away games though with the seats  and bit of aggro but didn't tend to go to away games now so cant really comment 

57 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I have heard some stories about them at away games though with the seats  and bit of aggro

I agree with that although my experience of it relates back to a game V Airdrie during "the journey".

My son and I had tickets for the game at Airdrie and on finding our seats discovered we were in midst of young team who were creating all sorts of mayhem---letting off pyro,fighting with stewards etc..

We left our seats and tried to find somewhere else to sit but to no avail,so we left within ten minutes and missed a 6-1 win.We were ashamed and embarassed to be Rangers supporters that night.

Hence in many of my replies to posts about moving singing section I give no support to the idea especially if long term ST holders are moved to accomodate.

1 hour ago, Whosthedado said:

The banging drum doesn't bother me either and neither does the UB trying to create an atmosphere. I have heard some stories about them at away games though with the seats  and bit of aggro but didn't tend to go to away games now so cant really comment 

At away games the UBs tend to gravitate towards "front and centre" so they are "visible". 

Having followed Rangers away for over 40 years, the young team (under many a guise) always congregated together. In the standing days, this didn't cause an issue. 

However, well before the days of the UBs away games were a lottery when it came to attempting to get to your "allocated" seat unless you were in the ground early. 

So this is nothing new essentially, it's been happening for years. 

Edited by CammyF

2 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

I agree with that although my experience of it relates back to a game V Airdrie during "the journey".

My son and I had tickets for the game at Airdrie and on finding our seats discovered we were in midst of young team who were creating all sorts of mayhem---letting off pyro,fighting with stewards etc..

We left our seats and tried to find somewhere else to sit but to no avail,so we left within ten minutes and missed a 6-1 win.We were ashamed and embarassed to be Rangers supporters that night.

Hence in many of my replies to posts about moving singing section I give no support to the idea especially if long term ST holders are moved to accomodate.

It's been like that for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately supporting Rangers can bring you into close contact with all sorts of people, even those you wouldn't otherwise choose to share oxygen with. At least I wouldn't.