Let’s all go to Saudi

21 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The big sports in the US run their own streaming services. MLB, NFL, NBA. Wouldn’t be surprised if UEFA / EPL / La Liga etc go down that road. Cut out the middle man save cash maximum profit.

It would be a better service. 

I've been to Saudi Arabia. Granted it wasn't to any fancy tourist spots but I thought it was generally a dirty and quite oppressive place. There are many places I might be happy to live and work but Saudi Arabia certainly wouldn't be one of them.

I have known several people who went there to teach English. None of them had a positive experience. The Saudis do not seem to be  popular with other Middle Eastern states also. I taught some on a pre-university session; they all had a sense of entitlement to good grades though they were mostly lazy. I have never had any problems with students from the other Gulf States.

13 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

I have known several people who went there to teach English. None of them had a positive experience. The Saudis do not seem to be  popular with other Middle Eastern states also. I taught some on a pre-university session; they all had a sense of entitlement to good grades though they were mostly lazy. I have never had any problems with students from the other Gulf States.

Back in the 1980s I lived in Egypt for a couple of years. Our favourite escape from Cairo was a Club Med resort on the Red Sea, where Saudis in overcoats used to sit in rows of deck chairs to oggle at topless white women. The Egyptians despised the Saudis as garbage with money.

5 hours ago, Bill said:

I've been to Saudi Arabia. Granted it wasn't to any fancy tourist spots but I thought it was generally a dirty and quite oppressive place. There are many places I might be happy to live and work but Saudi Arabia certainly wouldn't be one of them.

Yes, my thoughts on going there once for business, but i could probably put up with 2 seasons for $40m tax free, thinking that I would only be in country for 9 months of each year and living in a 5 star hotel. 

One doesn't know what to believe in the transfer rumours but one report is saying a club in Saudi has prepared an offer of £259 million for the French forward Mbappe.

I wonder if we could interest them in some of our stars .

5 hours ago, compo said:

One doesn't know what to believe in the transfer rumours but one report is saying a club in Saudi has prepared an offer of £259 million for the French forward Mbappe.

I wonder if we could interest them in some of our stars .

They are also paying him 200 million Euros for one season.... AND they are letting him then leave for free next summer....  Game has gone mental

1 hour ago, craig said:

They are also paying him 200 million Euros for one season.... AND they are letting him then leave for free next summer....  Game has gone mental

Totally loopy

• 4 weeks later...