[FT] Rangers 1 (Lammers 64) - 2 Newcastle United

I also don’t think we’ve a big enough squad to make the number of substitutions we made.
When Tav went off we didn’t have a RB to bring on. 

And we still don’t have any real width up front from the players we saw tonight 

3 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Not too impressed by the new guys tbh. We were a much better team when Hagi & Raskin were brought on. Yfeco & Lowry looked good. Why o why bring on Wright ? 

I don’t get the problem some have with Wright. Until we get someone better he’s all we’ve got to play wide areas up front. Matondo doesn’t give us anything 

3 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I also don’t think we’ve a big enough squad to make the number of substitutions we made.
When Tav went off we didn’t have a RB to bring on. 

And we still don’t have any real width up front from the players we saw tonight 

It's pre-season and it's about getting minutes into players legs. 

I think Scottish fans are only fans who read anything into pre-season friendlies.

I'd expect wholesale changes during the Hamburg game as well to get Roofe, Dessers and Lawrence some minutes. 

Edited by CammyF

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I don’t get the problem some have with Wright. Until we get someone better he’s all we’ve got to play wide areas up front. Matondo doesn’t give us anything 

I don’t really have a problem with Wright, but he is supposed to be on the way out so why give him minutes.

The first hour, we were a yard off it. Newcastle passed through us, two or three passes saw them on the edge of our box time after time. We scored a fortunate equaliser and got our heads up for 15 minutes. We made a couple of chances. I have to ask, would Sakala do a step over on the run up for a penalty? The Magpies performance was deserving of their victory.

I was impressed with Soutar, Rice and, Raskin. I believe Rice is still 16 years of age?

26 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

I don’t really have a problem with Wright, but he is supposed to be on the way out so why give him minutes.

Because we lack width up front

These past 2 seasons we’ve watched skippy win 2 league titles with them using one through the middle mostly and wide men chipping in with assists & goals.

We don’t have that.