Another Tactical Nightmare.

What the f**k is Walter Smith up to?

Why are we going to a place like tannadice and playing two holding midfielders and dropping the tempo to walking pace?

He got it spot on against septic. Two attacking midfielders(fergie and adam)and one holding(thomson). Nice high tempo, got in their faces and gave them a right doin'.

Does WS honestly think we only have to make that sort of effort against septic and not anybody else. We allowed another team to put US on the back foot from the word go. We went out on that park and played as if we just needed to turn up and we would win.

Just a couple of another things. NAISMITH, why isn't he getting a game? He's got way too much talent to be constently sitting on the bench.

Faye. Is it just me, or is he the worst player currently registered to play football in Scotland? He is F*****G woeful. What WS sees in him i'll never know.

Sorry Wattie, but you're gonna have to do better mate. :mad:

Yeah that surely has to be the last time we have to see this 4-5-1 against the other SPL sides UNLESS we start deploying players who can play this system.

Cousin does well up top on his own and would be an even bigger handful if he played with another striker. IMO Darcheville will be in there once fit but i still cant work out why we cant at least give Buffel or Gow a TRY in behind him. The role suits them and they can bring that extra spark we are looking for.

Having Naismith play off Cousin is another option we should have tried today.

We are suffering in midfield when Ferguson plays a further forward role like he did today. Thats never been his role and he plays much better when he starts deeper. But once again he didnt have a good game today but mucked up a number of set pieces.

I feel we missed a calm cool and collective Hemdani in midfield again today.

For me, once everyone is fit, I want to see:

______________McGregor_____________

Hutton____Weir_________Cuellar____Smith

Novo_____Ferguson___Hemdani____McCulloch

__________Buffel/Darcheville_____________

__________________Cousin_______________

Edit: Smith in for Papac but Smith is a long way off.

Ps

I find this result annoying as it un-does all our great work over the last week. Im not happy to accept just beating Celtic over a season if we cant beat lessor sides and challenge for the league.

We have to get back to simple basics.

One thing Smith needs to do is start picking 1 player from each position and play them in there real roles.

For EG We have Beasley, McCulloch, Adam and Gow who can play LM - well we need to pick ONE and play him in a game. There is no point accommodating 2 or 3 of these players in the side playing them all over the place then having 3 strikers on the bench.

Same for the RM. We have Novo, Burke, McCulloch again and Whittaker - pick one and play him. Those who dont make it need to dig deep in training and wait for there chance.

These results are no longer one-offs and are beginning to happen too often. They cant continue going into the next round of matches.

Dreadful ... that's twice we've given teams a great advantage by effectively playing with ten men (or playing ten plus Faye! :rolleyes: )

Paying too much respect to a team we should be beating, and i've said it many times, we will PAY this season for not shelling out the cash (and wages) for players we needed (Brown!) instead of buying players to sit on the bench!

Dreadful ... that's twice we've given teams a great advantage by effectively playing with ten men (or playing ten plus Faye! :rolleyes: )

Paying too much respect to a team we should be beating, and i've said it many times, we will PAY this season for not shelling out the cash (and wages) for players we needed (Brown!) instead of buying players to sit on the bench!

Agree with you there,not going for Brown was a big mistake although i must admit at that time i also said 4 mill was too much. The fact is he is the type of player we are crying out for and 4 mill seems to be as cheap as chips for him at this moment. It is easy to speak after the fact and it is all water under the bridge as even if the tims would sell him to us we couldn't afford him now anyway.

But guys... saying that we should have went and paid the money for Brown is moot - Murray said we COULD meet the valuation but that it was the WAGES that were the problem as they didn't want to break the wage structure.

Brown isn't too much of the creative type either and it is the creativity that we lack.

I don't understand why we're playing so negatively in the SPL against average sides. Look at our lineup today and the players we left on the bench. I just don't get it.

We are true athletes and waiting for the last bend to put the winning sprint.:)