Premier League 2023/24

Hazard's retired then...

Genius technically and probably with Messi the last great dribbler of a ball who didn't use 'skill moves' so to speak.

I think he's said himself that he used to hit the burger van after a game so its no shock that he's retired at 32 and peaked at 28 odd, World Class player with a Sunday League diet by all accounts.

I'd put him on a par with Gazza minus the madness - genius that could've/should've done more. Both carried a gut but had brilliant close control.

On 11/10/2023 at 16:29, yuddie said:

Hazard's retired then...

Genius technically and probably with Messi the last great dribbler of a ball who didn't use 'skill moves' so to speak.

I think he's said himself that he used to hit the burger van after a game so its no shock that he's retired at 32 and peaked at 28 odd, World Class player with a Sunday League diet by all accounts.

I'd put him on a par with Gazza minus the madness - genius that could've/should've done more. Both carried a gut but had brilliant close control.

Magnificent at Chelsea but seemed to give up without a fight at Real. 

On 11/10/2023 at 16:29, yuddie said:

Hazard's retired then...

Totally, and thing is, he always played, was rarely injured despite being the most fouled player season after season. 

Would have loved him in my old Sunday team :) 

Hazard was real world class at Chelsea, he could be unplayable and score and assist any type of goal. Its said he liked a burger van after training but it certainly didnt affect him at Chelsea, perhaps his body caught up with him in Madrid with that injury. But his numbers at Chelsea over a 7-8 year period was awesome. Easily gets into the conversation if picking a team of the decade (2010-2019).

8 hours ago, compo said:

It looks like the Arab Sheikh has pulled out of buying United I wonder if he’d be interested in Everton or even  Rangers .

I was thinking he could switch and go after Liverpool, I reckon Fenway Group would potentially sell despite having recent investors, plus the Sheikh would save a Billion or two.