Premier League 2023/24

9 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Perhaps Man City and Chelsea have better accountants than Everton. Or creative accountants. Both of them do sell a lot of players which may reflect in their annual figures whereas Everton don’t seem to. 
EPL clubs are allowed losses of up to £105m over a 3 year period I believe. Everton was £125m hence the points deduction 

Yes a financial accountant who is close to the matter on Chelsea said exactly that. The sales are huge over the last 3 seasons and although they do not match the sums spent, when you add the commercial side, they very nearly do, within the FFP £105m loss over 3 years rule. There are some historical issues that have already been settled with UEFA as they have a 3 year claim or clear rule, so it would just be with the EPL and the new Chelsea owners have been up front about these, whereas Everton apparently gave faleshoods and were caught out  (according to the news not me Compo) City however have 115 counts and are lawyering up, so who knows what will happen. I think Everton's reduction should be 6 points. 

What a boost having real football back, and its a tasty weekend with a belter to start with. I cant see Man City not winning due to their attack plus how average the Liverpool defence is, along with no proper holding midfielder. 

The game at Newcastle could go either way, you dont know what Chelsea team turns up. It could be a 3-0 or a 0-3. 

I see Sheff Utd grinding out another home win like they did against Wolves. 

Spurs have big injury problems and no squad depth, both Romero and Van den Ven are out plus Maddison a doubt so Villa should go there and scoop the points. 

Then all eyes will be on at Goodison after Everton 10 point deduction, they couldnt have asked for a better fixture - Super Sunday live at home against a poor Man Utd who are somehow 6th in the league. They will be fired up and surely will win. 

Man City 2-1 Liverpool

Burnley 0-1 West Ham

Luton 0-1 Crystal Palace

Newcastle 2-2 Chelsea

Nottm Forest 1-1 Brighton

Sheff Utd 1-0 Bournemouth

Brentford 0-2 Arsenal

Tottenham 0-2 Aston Villa

Everton 2-1 Man Utd

Fulham 0-0 Wolves

9 hours ago, Gribz said:

What a boost having real football back, and its a tasty weekend with a belter to start with. I cant see Man City not winning due to their attack plus how average the Liverpool defence is, along with no proper holding midfielder

Agreed.

Your scores won’t be far off.

City will score three.

Newcastle are stumbling, Chelsea are stepping up. 1-2 Blues. Hope I’m wrong.

Hope you’re right about the Villa and Everton.

What is it about United? They are terrible but they keep turning up in the top six.

8 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Agreed.

Your scores won’t be far off.

City will score three.

Newcastle are stumbling, Chelsea are stepping up. 1-2 Blues. Hope I’m wrong.

Hope you’re right about the Villa and Everton.

What is it about United? They are terrible but they keep turning up in the top six.

Your probably right about City scoring 3 or 4, but I also see Liverpool scoring on the break. Robertson is still missing for Liverpool and Trent cant defend. So perhaps a 4-2 could be more likely.

United stole the points against Wolves, Forest, Brentford and Fulham, they sneaked past Burnley and Luton. On paper that would normally be maximum 18 points anyway and all bottom half teams. But things are away to get tougher for them, after Everton then have Newcastle, Chelsea and Liverpool coming up.

3 hours ago, compo said:

Just turned on the city v Liverpool game and there very little English players I’m for reintroducing the three foreigners rule 

Wasn't that rule only applicable for European compitions? 

Was a decent game and City paid for not killing the game off.

Result suits Arsenal and Spurs.