PLG on youth and Jim Sinclair

Read an interview today with Jim Sinclair who has been put in charge of pretty much "everything outside of the first XI" at Murray Park. The guy is 48 and has been in football all his life in some form or another as well as having a degree in sports psychology. It wasn't an in depth piece, but he certainly seems keen to make an impression.

Anyway, the interesting thing that he did say was that PLG had a look and wasn't at all happy with the youth players coming through, which is why he's been signing quite a few youngsters. One of Sinclair's top priorities is to sort out the youth system, so for me its very encouraging that the club are finally doing something about this.

Agree totally, Murray park was meant to attract and bring on young players but if you do not have a scouting system to match it then it is an expensive luxury.

I am glad we seem to be doing something about it.

There were noises at the time of the Mcleish saga that there was to be an overhaul of Murray Park although we have been drip-fed news on what was actually happening. Jim Sinclair has been unveiled and Bomber's been bombed and the thing that I'm glad of is that there's been no fanfare about the situation. The last thing we need is for there to be massive amounts of expectation heaped on young shoulders. Couple that with the kick up the arse that PLG has clearly instigated makes me much more optimistic about the prospect of our young players going forward.

Just lets not get carried away too soon...

Agreed Juff we wont get carried away, but holy shit its exciting and promising. PLG must of turned up and thought to himself "what the hell was going on here last year - did mcleish have any kind of clue how to use this resources"

Agreed Juff we wont get carried away, but holy shit its exciting and promising. PLG must of turned up and thought to himself "what the hell was going on here last year - did mcleish have any kind of clue how to use this resources"

The more I hear about PLG, the more I realise that Eck was definitely out of his depth at Rangers. It's like we've replaced an amateur with a professional...

What resource? RYD IS NOTHING TO DO WITH RANGERS - it's a seperate company who have had more coaches than Parks Of Hamilton.

It's time that the Youth was brought back under the Rangers ownership and time that the board of directors started to direct some much needed fiance to the Youth Development. It is also time that the Rangers board started to use 'Murray Park' as a YOUTH ACADEMY as well as a training facility that it is currently used for.

It needs to be extended to house ALL youth teams and players. We must start to employ the best coaches and model ourselves on the Dutch teams loke Ajax and Feyenoord. We MUST have soccer schools that are open to all, not just those with money, and schools in every area of the world.

We must start to employ great Rangers from all over the world as our 'scouts'. Laudrup scouting and pinpointing the best Scandinavian youngsters, Wilkins / Spackman / Walters / Gazza (or a-n-other) in England, Jimmy Nicholl in NI, Charbonnier in France etc (you get the picture).

We then must bring the best of these youngsters to Murray Park where they will be housed and schooled and learn the 'Rangers way'.

Currently, we have no idea on how to best utilise Murray Park - another eliment of Rangers FC that has been sold off and neglected - add this to David Murray's shame-list. But, hey why blame Murray when we can blame AM who had hee-haw to do with Youth, U19's or U21's.... or the sell off of said teams / development etc???????????????

Cammy F

What resource? RYD IS NOTHING TO DO WITH RANGERS - it's a seperate company who have had more coaches than Parks Of Hamilton.

It's time that the Youth was brought back under the Rangers ownership and time that the board of directors started to direct some much needed fiance to the Youth Development. It is also time that the Rangers board started to use 'Murray Park' as a YOUTH ACADEMY as well as a training facility that it is currently used for.

It needs to be extended to house ALL youth teams and players. We must start to employ the best coaches and model ourselves on the Dutch teams loke Ajax and Feyenoord. We MUST have soccer schools that are open to all, not just those with money, and schools in every area of the world.

We must start to employ great Rangers from all over the world as our 'scouts'. Laudrup scouting and pinpointing the best Scandinavian youngsters, Wilkins / Spackman / Walters / Gazza (or a-n-other) in England, Jimmy Nicholl in NI, Charbonnier in France etc (you get the picture).

We then must bring the best of these youngsters to Murray Park where they will be housed and schooled and learn the 'Rangers way'.

Currently, we have no idea on how to best utilise Murray Park - another eliment of Rangers FC that has been sold off and neglected - add this to David Murray's shame-list. But, hey why blame Murray when we can blame AM who had hee-haw to do with Youth, U19's or U21's.... or the sell off of said teams / development etc???????????????

Cammy F

That's quite interesting Cammy, I didn't know this. So it begs the question What can PLG do differently if it is completely out of his hands?'

RYD was 'sold off' to investors 2 seasons ago - it means that we have to pay for any young player that RYD develop. I think we have so far paid for Hutton and Smith...

As for Sinclair, I would assume that he is an employee of RYD and not Rangers FC - I could be wrong about that tho.

Like most deals involving David E Murray it is as clear as mud.

Cammy F