Britian to enter a football team at the 2012 Olympics

Should Scottish players be involved?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scottish players be involved?

• Yes
    • No

Absolute yes IMO.

GB enters, and football is a sport in the games.

It wouldnt necessarily have to be the strongest team like Gerrard, Rooney etc but a B team or squad players. Im sure the players from the lower leagues would even be up for representing us.

It would be split with 5 players from each NI, Wales, Scotland and England making a 20 man squad.

Not a chance.

As a country we're going for independence from England and Wales so why should we enter a joint football team? Seems strange to me.

I can't see the fans from Scotland getting on with the fans from England. Riots!!

Not a chance.

As a country we're going for independence from England and Wales so why should we enter a joint football team? Seems strange to me.

I can't see the fans from Scotland getting on with the fans from England. Riots!!

Nah, the olympics isnt a violent games and if its a squad made up of Derby, Kilmarnock, Cardiff and Linfield players then it will cause no trouble whatsoever.

The games are in London and i think a GB team is a great idea. Id prefer it to be good players but even if its a mix'n' match of any level of player id see it as a good idea.

We need a foreign manager though :fish:

Look at when Woodward had the lions after he won the rugby world cup and he picked a load of ageing off form English boys ahead of decent Scots, Welsh and Irish.

I wont be supporting that team when they pick the likes of Robinson over Gordon. They can fuck right off with that.

But this is football and the English football fans enjoy rioting.

and scottish fans enjoying being a parody of a stereotype and think they're great because they're not violent. hopefully the overly independent/nationalistic morons from either side will be weeded out, and those decent nice thinking folk'll realise that getting together to support a common cause when we're all on the same side isn't really such a bad idea.

eta: not implying by the above that anyone who doesnt support the idea is a moron, just that the moronic element (hooligans etc) will be weeded out because they'll be too nationalistic.