[FT] Servette 1 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 51)

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I thought the willingness of our #8s (Raskin and Shifu) to press wide last night was really good. 

It is necessary in a narrow formation, but we've not really seen it. Our press in general has been pretty poor. 

I do think that energetic role suits Raskin more, rather than keeping him deep. 

Going back to the point about fitness and the temperature in the stadium last night, Raskins energy levels were amazing. 

16 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Going back to the point about fitness and the temperature in the stadium last night, Raskins energy levels were amazing. 

I thought we kept the energy levels throughout the team for the whole match to be fair, Servette looked spent whilst we came on strong until we changed to a back 3 and held out. Even then we had chances, encouraging I think.

Eridivisie is a top 5 league now btw, it would be huge for us and Scotland if we get past PSV.

We've carried Scotlands coefficient let's be honest, just criminal we haven't won a league since UCL was automatic for first. Pull your socks up lads.

2 hours ago, yuddie said:

Eridivisie is a top 5 league now btw, it would be huge for us and Scotland if we get past PSV.

We've carried Scotlands coefficient let's be honest, just criminal we haven't won a league since UCL was automatic for first. Pull your socks up lads.

"Eridivisie is a top 5 league". Is this just your opinion? This is just my opinion, but off the top of my head England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal, France & Russia (when included) are all much better leagues.  

10 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

"Eridivisie is a top 5 league". Is this just your opinion? This is just my opinion, but off the top of my head England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Portugal, France & Russia (when included) are all much better leagues.  

The Russia shout is a bit rogue like but I'd entertain Portugal and France being better (not 'much better').

No, I was going off league/Country coefficients within the UEFA rankings, I'll include the link at the bottom of this. Netherlands are 5th above France, Portugal and Belgium. Rightly or wrongly.

The problem France have is that their top sides tend to bomb in Europe, I'd definitely say their league outside of the European places is stronger than the Eridivisie but the top Dutch sides perform well in Europe usually.

Anyway, here's the link. You can go on club rankings and see we're a few places above PSV as well.

https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2024

Edited by yuddie

3 minutes ago, yuddie said:

The Russia shout is a bit rogue like but I'd entertain Portugal and France being better (not 'much better').

No, I was going off league/Country coefficients within the UEFA rankings, I'll include the link at the bottom of this. Netherlands are Fifth above France, Portugal and Belgium. Rightly or wrongly.

The problem France have is that their top sides tend to bomb in Europe, I'd definitely say their league outside of the European places is stronger than the Eridivisie but the top Dutch sides perform well in Europe usually.

Anyway, here's the link. You can go on club rankings and see we're a few places above PSV as well.

https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2024

Cheers for the link Yuddie, I stand corrected.

6 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

After a wee look at the link it seems a great season (21/22) has catapulted them to fifth. Around eighth might be more their norm. 

Aye it's temperamental for sure, they've tended to have more teams in the knockouts of European comps in recent seasons than the teams below them I'd say though (Portugal maybe not?).

Just from recent memory.

Edited by yuddie

47 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Cheers for the link Yuddie, I stand corrected.

45 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Sound mate, great discourse.

Get a room, lads. 

Bring back a more contentious debate, like xG.