UB display last night

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Take away the depicted character, didn't you think the display was inspiring? Did it become less inspiring once you knew who was depicted on the flag?

Our displays are always amazing and add to the spectacul. 

No it did not inspire me (or you?) as we were both underneath it. It looks fine and as always pretty spectacular in the photos I’ve seen since last night, but I just don’t get the choice of character. Maybe an age thing, I prefer banners about the club.

Just now, BEARGER said:

No it did not inspire me (or you?) as we were both underneath it. It looks fine and as always pretty spectacular in the photos I’ve seen since last night, but I just don’t get the choice of character. Maybe an age thing, I prefer banners about the club.

But historically, TBO and UB have always split their TIFOs between club and characters. As Gonzo79 already said, they've had the Iron Maiden "mascot' Eddie - not Rangers related, but a great banner.

If the UBs were only doing "non-Rangers" displays then I'd be asking questions, but I'm OK with the "mix"

1 hour ago, BEARGER said:

As much as the detail, the scale and visual impact of the display was undoubtedly impressive, I did wonder why they chose a character that was famous for making an anti-Irish sentiment in a film. Dare I suggest a display showing our great managers, players or victories would have been more inspiring and appropriate? There's a museum across the road showcasing this in great detail. 

Ultimately, it seems to me that a lot of energy and time has gone into trying to wind up the other lot rather than celebrating something that we've achieved. And we call them obsessed. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Dare I suggest a display showing our great managers, players or victories would have been more inspiring and appropriate? There's a museum across the road showcasing this in great detail. 

As they have done on countless occasions. 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

As they have done on countless occasions. 

Which have been great. It was just a suggestion. I get the mixing it up thing but let's not kidd ourselves on. Last night's banner was aimed at our neighbours and had an anti-Irish slant. The Warriors display on the other hand was great.

Was it a good display yes

Did it piss off the right people yes 

Will we get fined for it no 

What more could you want and yes the character is anti Irish Catholic so what, do Rangers fans hold this community in Scotland in high regard if it ruffled a few feathers so be it the banner can be taken anyway they want to take it

Edited by WorthingBear91

3 minutes ago, WorthingBear91 said:

Was it a good display yes

Did it piss off the right people yes 

Will we get fined for it no 

What more could you want and yes the character is anti Irish Catholic so what, do Rangers fans hold this community in Scotland in high regard if it ruffled a few feathers so be it the banner can be taken anyway they want to take it

We can be better than this 

13 minutes ago, CammyF said:

See all the people who complain about the UBs regarding songs and displays, why don't they start their own songs and create their own displays........

The can't/won't, they don't see the point in it! probably don't like the singing either! sit down & shut up.