UB display last night

6 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Agreed. I'm not an expert but Bill the Butcher was a nativist (see the Milan group using the same word meaning) who was intent on protecting the interests of native-born or 'established inhabitants' against those of immigrants, in this case Irish catholics during the great famine, but I think that's largely incidental.

However, it could have been used by Milan Ultras (I don't know) to demonstrate their status as the true natives of Milan, since they were founded before their rivals. 

Think it shows great creativity and intimidation by a group that self-find these great Tifos and displays, and should be allowed to create what they like within the law. What do that other mob do? Childish effigies and offensive and unlawful banners. Glad we don't stoop so low. 

A group of fans have made a banner that uses more energy making a statement about being anti-Irish than being pro Rangers. It suggests they think about Celtic a lot. I prefer to simply bloody ignore them. 

9 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

A group of fans have made a banner that uses more energy making a statement about being anti-Irish than being pro Rangers. It suggests they think about Celtic a lot. I prefer to simply bloody ignore them. 

Or maybe it's the character who appears to be revered in Ultra circles rather than his character traits? 

Rangers fans can be quick to judge other Rangers fans. I remember my Bo'ness True Blues flag being called bigoted and "unwelcome" by previous members. The flag was the Royal Navy Ensign and was made to show our support for the Navy. But those previous members knew better tho.... 

Edited by CammyF

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

See all the people who complain about the UBs regarding songs and displays, why don't they start their own songs and create their own displays........

Because they don't want to, or don't have the ability to? It shouldn't stop people giving their opinion on it, just because others don't bother, even though I accept it can be frustrating if you're one of the ones putting in the effort to create the tifo/atmosphere.

The UBs are obviously trying to be edgy and presumably wouldn't expect everyone in the support to like everything they do. 

Personally I didn't particularly like the Bill banner as it meant nothing to me. I didn't have a clue who it was (I thought it was meant to be Billy Fullerton 😂), unlike the Eddie and Baseball ones that we had previously. 

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

...Rangers fans can be quick to judge other Rangers fans. I remember my Bo'ness True Blues flag being called bigoted and "unwelcome" by previous members. The flag was the Royal Navy Ensign and was made to show our support for the Navy. But those previous members knew better tho.... 

I don't get it. Were they from Argentina?

3 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Because they don't want to, or don't have the ability to? It shouldn't stop people giving their opinion on it, just because others don't bother, even though I accept it can be frustrating if you're one of the ones putting in the effort to create the tifo/atmosphere.

The UBs are obviously trying to be edgy and presumably wouldn't expect everyone in the support to like everything they do. 

Personally I didn't particularly like the Bill banner as it meant nothing to me. I didn't have a clue who it was (I thought it was meant to be Billy Fullerton 😂), unlike the Eddie and Baseball ones that we had previously. 

People having an opinion is fine but there are those who decry everything the UBs do or sing.

Instead of complaining, if they're not happy with what the UBs bring to Ibrox, do something constructive about it. 

That's how groups like TBO, UBs, Broomie Collective, Club Deck Loyal started.

Having been a member of TBO I know and understand the time, money and effort that goes into these displays. 

Fine if you don't agree with it, but cut the guys and gals some slack.

4 minutes ago, CammyF said:

People having an opinion is fine but there are those who decry everything the UBs do or sing.

Instead of complaining, if they're not happy with what the UBs bring to Ibrox, do something constructive about it. 

That's how groups like TBO, UBs, Broomie Collective, Club Deck Loyal started.

These were all started by guys in their 20s or early 30s. It's not really practical for guys in their 40s, 50s and 60s to do something constructive. 🙂

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Having been a member of TBO I know and understand the time, money and effort that goes into these displays. 

Fine if you don't agree with it, but cut the guys and gals some slack.

Agreed. 

I’m intrigued. How do you become a “member of the Blue Order”? 😂

Is it by invitation only or is there a formal application process? What are the qualifying requirements?