UB display last night

I have it on good authority that UBs are aware their display upset Scottish Nationalists, Yahoos, The Daily Record etc. and are happy about it.  Expect more of the same, thanks to threads like this.  

😀

3 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

You are specifically chosen by an elder (22 years old) who will see a vision in mystical blue smoke inside a Buckfast bottle. A manilla envelope will then be slid under your door by a young man wearing a black balaclava. Alternatively you can apply via their Facebook page. 

That certainly wasn't the criteria for becoming a member of The Blue Order. 

All it took as a "firm handshake, being able to recite the complete poetry works of Edgar Allan Poe then a couple of X-Factor type auditions. 

From what I can remember I became a member of TBO after reading an advert either in one of the fanzines or on-line about the creation of a singing section. Applied and got a seat move to Broomie Front.

IIRC The Union Bears were created as an off-shoot of TBO as they wanted to take the group in a different direction and moved to Copland Rear. A few years later both groups moved to BF1 (I stayed in BF4), the UBs basically took over. 

There are still a few of TBO guys sitting back in the original section in BF4 and TBO banner(s) make sporadic appearances. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I have it on good authority that UBs are aware their display upset Scottish Nationalists, Yahoos, The Daily Record etc. and are happy about it.  Expect more of the same, thanks to threads like this.  

😀

Trying to upset them suggests to me that they are getting under your skin.  Just ignore them for goodness sake.

William Poole (Bill The Butcher) was of course killed by his actual Irish immigrant adversary in real life and also his fictional one in the Gangs Of New York film. 

Daniel Day Lewis is of Anglo-Irish background, his grandfather was a Church of Ireland minister who had pretensions to aristocracy apparently. 

I didn't see the game so I've only seen pictures of the display. It's visually spectacular, there's a ton of work goes into creating something like that, it's really very impressive. I won't pretend to understand ultra culture, I'm too old now. For obvious reasons he wouldn't have been my first choice of character for the banner, but then I don't think it's aimed at me. I'm not sure why they have that Andy Capp type character either. Is that open razors on the banner? Many young men seem drawn top these type of characters, the popularity of Peeky Blinders is another example of the romanticising of violent thuggery society seems to enjoy. 

The 'nativi' thing the Milan fans use a slightly more political point, regarding 'natives' and immigrants. I'd be pretty uncomfortable if the Union Bears went down that road. 

10 hours ago, CammyF said:

That's how groups like TBO, UBs, Broomie Collective, Club Deck Loyal started.

Am I right in saying the BC is just guys who want to join the UBs but haven't qualified yet?

Who founded TBO? Was it Sie?

17 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Am I right in saying the BC is just guys who want to join the UBs but haven't qualified yet?

Yes it was Sie L. Donated materials a couple of times back in the day.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

Yeah it was Sir and a couple of other guys (Del, Richard etc). 

The Broomie Collective is just a group of fans who help out The UBs and don't necessarily sit in the section.