[2023] Who should be the next Rangers manager?

Next Rangers manager?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred choice as the next manager of Rangers?

• Derek McInnes
    • Kevin Muscat
    • Frank Lampard
    • Neil Warnock
    • Kjetil Knutsen
    • Scott Parker
    • Pascal Jansen
    • Steven Davis
    • Marcelo Gallardo
    • Graham Potter
    • Philippe Clement
    • Ralph Hasenhuttl

45 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Someone on the Heart and Hand podcast made a very good point about hiring Muscat, a lot of the Japanese players contracts are up in December and Muscat would potentially have great knowledge and pull for the players that would be worth signing on a free. It's possible that it could swing the appointment in his direction as it's clear we badly need to fresh players even after the summer investment.

Said as much in an earlier comment regarding Muscat. Celtic utilised timing of contracts and the end of the Japanese season with Hatate and Maeda. There a lot of South Americans playing in Japan also. For example, the key player in Muscats current team (Yokohama F. Marinos) is a Brazilian striker (Anderson Lopes). He is one of 3 Brazilians in the squad.

Their league is miles ahead of ours in quality IMO.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

7 hours ago, Devil's advocaat said:

We played the ball out from the back perfectly well in the 55 season, the best football I've seen us play on a consistent basis.

Yes we don't have the finances of real, but last time I looked neither did the dross we play every week.

Sam is yesterday's man, who can't even keep teams up any more, his only trick.

Please please please stop looking back 

3 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Given Muscats availability. We could potentially fall further back in the league (not that it will matter much) lose out in Europe ( we will finish bottom without a proper coach) and be knocked out of the league cup by Hearts.

Thats the potential cost of waiting for Muscat? Does he want our job or not? Is he worth waiting for? Not for me. He doesn’t want the job now then we move on.

Or ........... we could appoint someone else and still continue to lose games, in which case we'll all be wishing we'd waited on Muscat. There are no guarantees in any of this. The board will make its decision based on who the directors consider to be the best man for the job. Waiting another 7 weeks isn't critical but if the board think it is then they can always call in someone else as a short-term appointment to fill the gap.

Just now, RANGERRAB said:

He’s weakened the squad. Of all his signings so far only Butland & Sima look successes( Danilo should do ok once he’s back)

I hear you but I think we need context. They've all come into a highly dysfunctional team with a manager who was making it up as he went along. I'll reserve my overall judgement until I see them in a functional team with a manager with a plan. Even Dessers.