One good thing....

I guess one good thing to come out of tonight is that we are at least guaranteed to finish no worse than 3rd in the group.

Whilst we obviously would love to finish 2nd and go through with Barcelona we have to remember that when the draw was made we were given NO CHANCE of finishing any higher than LAST.

At least we have secured European football after the group stages - now we just need the Gers to beat Lyon to ensure it is the CL.

But no matter what, IMO the fact we will finish at least 3rd is already a SUCCESSFUL campaign in Europe.

Disappointed about tonight - but proud that we have still competed against illustrious opposition and remain in Europe.

I would be looking to say we are not going to finish any worse than 2nd. I want 6 points from the next 2 games. Barca will get a draw from there Lyon game at least and I would fully expect to beat Stuttgart even though its away. And Lyon will be a hard game, but its a home game and we should win it.

Frankly tonights game was a loss, but it was a good game for us. It also gets the Barca games out of the way, and maybe we can concentrate on the League when we come back after Scotland beat Italy to march into the Euro Champs!!

Ya Dancer!

I am not so sure about Barcelona taking "at least" a point off Lyon Wija - they have qualified so will rest key players, of that there is no doubt.

They now have nothing to play for in the group as they are pretty much guaranteed 1st place.

They obviously have the quality to win that game but Lyon will have more to play for.

I am by no means saying we should simply accept 3rd place - but to know that we will be no worse than that and get the parachute into the UEFA even if we lose our last 2 games should hopefully allow the players to play with less pressure (to some extent).

If Barcelona do happen to take at least a point off Lyon then I think the final game could end up being a formality - as I believe we can go to Stuttgart and win, they now have nothing to play for other than pride.

Every Rangers fan would've happily accepted finishing at least 3rd in the group. I'm disappointed with the score tonight but happy that we'll be playing in europe after Christmas.

Yes and then we can watch more of that negative shite. If we can't even put in an effort to move forward what is the point.

Yes and then we can watch more of that negative shite. If we can't even put in an effort to move forward what is the point.

It will no doubt be a different scenario in a knockout situation.

Do you really believe that Craig. You must be old enough to remember Watty in Europe first time around.

Yes I do Pete.

Do you think it was negative when we played the same formation away to Lyon ? We had the same/similar formation that night and it worked very well and I didn't see too many complaints.

Let's not be kidded, Barcelona are a far superior team to us in pretty much every department.

A touch of realism needs to be considered here - WS's team has been together for about 3 months and still haven't gelled AND they were up against one of, if not the, best club side in the world.

Realism indeed.

We were outclassed tonight. Simple as that.

Generally, while we may have been overly defensive, I thought we did OK tonight. We held possession reasonably well (until the final third anyway) and worked hard to ensure we weren't embarrassed.

In the end we lost to a hand-ball (and Papac ball-watching) and a fine, fine goal from one of the best attacking teams in the world.

We can hold our heads high. And take solace from a fine point at home.

:)