Glasgow 2014 The Celtic Games

Am i the only Bear who is absolutley spitting feathers at all this commonwealth games carry on F

F

irst of all like you guys and gals i am football to the core but when i see what is to be done to various site in and around the parkhead area , including the tattie bowl getting a major refurbishment and talk of the subway getting linked up to the parkhead , coinsidence i dont think so ,

Aye but Ibrox is to hold the Rugby 7's and the Mhanks get the opening ceremony , why not Hampden ? baffles the mind :confused: holding the Commonwealth Games opening cereomony at the one place in Great Britain were the Union Jack is despised and spat upon , my friends say its all down to the Red/Green Army down City Chambers way and if so myself and fellow Bears had better brace ourselves.

W.A.T.P

I have no problem that a subway line is brought to Parkhead as that will be a benefit to all people long term who live or work in that area. I agree that if the Celtic stadium is refurbished with money that other teams in the league do not have claim to, then that could and probably will be an advantage to CFC. How can the SPL make Falkirk, Gretna build a stadium they cannot afford and do not need from their own money but allow Celtic to reap in millions to improve their stadium at the cost of others. Money used to improve Glasgow as a whole must be a good thing but everyone should benefit from the cause.

Agree that if Parkhead gets an investment it will be a disgrace.

It should be Hampden who gets any money and get the capacity up to 70,000 so the next time games like Italy come round we can get more fans in.

What Scotland needs is a stadium that hold between 22,000 and 30,000 for cup semi finals that the OF arent in. Firhill should get an investment to hold such numbers and be used in the games.

The capacity of Hampden is going to be reduced to 46k for the athletics as they build an artificial track above pitch level which will take out the first few rows of seats.

But as a result of the running track being built in Hampden and lowering stadium capacity there's plans to further boost the capacity to 70,000 with another tier on one of the stands.

I enjoy the second week of the games with the athletics but the first week with swimming doesn't do much for me. I don't mind the male swimming before they dive in though.:fish:

Surprised no one has picked up on this before now.

Whatever tickles your fancy though.

I have no problem that a subway line is brought to Parkhead as that will be a benefit to all people long term who live or work in that area. I agree that if the Celtic stadium is refurbished with money that other teams in the league do not have claim to, then that could and probably will be an advantage to CFC. How can the SPL make Falkirk, Gretna build a stadium they cannot afford and do not need from their own money but allow Celtic to reap in millions to improve their stadium at the cost of others. Money used to improve Glasgow as a whole must be a good thing but everyone should benefit from the cause.

I do think in the long term getting these games will be good for the City as a whole but just dont want to see them get a free meal ticket from the City Council with upgraded stadia and training facilities , i agree the people of the east end will benefit form the subway and new facilities so i guess thats not a bad thing as long as Mr Liewell keeps his dirty paws off :)

Guest SlimJay

We've seen it all before Bears, seen it all before, its just Glasgow cathlic council whit can ye do.

Ive written a few letters to uefa and fifa to see what they make of it, how cna a football club be allowed to run when gettin financed by the government, its just no on.

My advise is get writing Bears, stephen Purcell cant get away with this.