[FT] Sparta Prague 0 - 0 Rangers

2 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

Usually you need to play well or at least be strong defensively to get a clean sheet almost anywhere in Europe never mind against a team who had won 8 of their last 9 home matches. 

Aye but they could've been 3 or 4-0 up at half-time.  We didn't play well defensively, we were lucky.

To slow to much huffing and puffing footballs better played at speed not pensioner pace the manager has a job I don’t envy trying to turn this lot into a team only Sima got pass marks in a dreich and dreary ninety minutes.

Mind you I did have a few bob on at Willie Hills for the draw the only consolation for missing Dalziel&Pascoe.

We got a clean sheet because

-Butland made outstanding saves

-the defence made some great blocks, interceptions, clearances and tackles

-their finishing of chances was desperate

Of these three factors, the last was the most significant.

What does one say about Dessers and Lammers. We have been watching them for months, now, and have yet to see either of them produce even one decent half of football. 

I look at Dessers, and think,

'How tf does he get paid for playing football?'

I look at Lammers, and think,

'He doesn't  even flatter to deceive'. 

Does M.Clement think he can get performances out of them? If he does, I hope the long stop date will be Hogmanay, at which, if they haven't shaped up, he will concede defeat and consign them to the bench, unless he can (don't laugh) ship them out. 

How about Dessers and Lafferty upfront for Johnstone Burgh?

Dessers seems to think falling over is his main job.

Lammers ...you can regularly see him scuttling about, usually about 10 yards from the ball.  It's not often I say this about a Rangers player but I'm sick of the sight of him.  

41 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Aye but they could've been 3 or 4-0 up at half-time.  We didn't play well defensively, we were lucky.

Their xG was 0.85 in the first half. 

You could expect a goal coming from that, but not 3 or 4. 

I never wanted Dessers in the first place (£5M for a 28-year-old is stupidity), but I'm not going to criticise him when he's here, same with Lammers.

Use them properly; use them to their strengths. 

Dessers is a penalty box striker. Give him chances in the box; he'll put them away. Don't expect him to run the channels and press. 

Lammers is a pressing forward, with good control, vision and positioning. Put him up-front - width of the goals - with someone to both feed and feed off.