[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 89' pen; Danilo 90+3') - 1 Hearts

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

For some reason, people seem to believe Scottish clubs will treat us like any other, which is silly.  

Just look at 2012, the Dundee email fiasco and Hearts trying to take the piss with Souttar and you'll know exactly what we're dealing with.

Yes, it's pretty clear how they treat us. 

We need to play dirty. Tap them up. :D

29 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I’d said to my mates for years we should have signed Lewis Ferguson from Hamilton never mind when he was breaking into the Scotland squad with Aberdeen.

completely missed the boat with that one now.

Gross incompetence allowing Lewis Ferguson to get away. Not that there was any shortage of Rangers fans calling him useless. A lesson not to take too seriously the views of some Rangers fans

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I thought our counterpress was quite good. We got bodies around the ball when we lost it, and recovered it quite quickly.

I was impressed, but obviously these things get overlooked the longer we chase the game.

We had close to 70% possession, pressed and pinned Hearts back for the majority of the game. 

What we lacked was decent delivery into the box (Tav for the winner the exception) and composure to play the correct pass in the final 3rd. 

The players never gave up despite the vast majority of the crowd giving up after 60mins.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Gross incompetence allowing Lewis Ferguson to get away. Not that there was any shortage of Rangers fans calling him useless. A lesson not to take too seriously the views of some Rangers fans

People held the fact his uncle and his dad talk nonsense in the media against him unfortunately.

As we can all see it doesn’t seem to have held him back.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

People held the fact his uncle and his dad talk nonsense in the media against him unfortunately.

He may well be the best of the three of them.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Lewis Ferguson was a player we should have gone for. I was at a Q&A and Derek said Rangers never once contacted Lewis. Celtic did but were told he wasn't interested. 

He also said Lewis will only ever play for one club in Scotland if the opportunity arose but wants to try the EPL at some point

2 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

They would have pal. I know they would have. 

He's a player i know very well and he is very much in the ilk of those i named. I don't need to read deluded Hearts fans opinions on him. I can make up my own mind. Never going to take us to the next level but then he wouldn't be bought for that anyway. He'd be here to win games against the leagues dross and cannon fodder. 

Yeah, yeah i did. It really doesn't matter now. 

If only you knew half the things some of our former players got up to.......guys you very very likely worshipped and idolised. Pmsl. football fans are funny. 

So if Shankland is so good, why is he playing for Hearts?  Why did he fail in Belgium?

Hearts fans, deluded or not see him week in and week out and are far from impressed. I'm sure they'll sleep easier knowing you rate him

Oh and he isn't in the same class as Miller or Boyd and will never be

Edited by CammyF

Lessons learned today .......

1. Danilo is the best goal threat we have on the books. 

2. While not perfect, Ridvan is far better than some would have you believe.

3. We will always struggle to win games when Dessers and Lammers are given 60 minutes together.

4. Tavernier cannot play every game like he used to.

5. It's a long road ahead.