[FT] Rangers 2 (Tavernier 89' pen; Danilo 90+3') - 1 Hearts

Just now, Devil's advocaat said:

I wish we'd get over this not signing Scots players, there's plenty of guys that would have improved us over the last few years.

Shankland is one such player.

I’d said to my mates for years we should have signed Lewis Ferguson from Hamilton never mind when he was breaking into the Scotland squad with Aberdeen.

completely missed the boat with that one now.

4 minutes ago, onevision said:

Another one that got away imo.

Our record for picking up Scottish talent is f***ing abysmal since Gerrard.

Ross Stewart another one, you can't convince me otherwise that he wouldn't get 20 goals all comps a season for us, Shankland and Nisbet too.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Shankland is not what we need.  

I thought that during the summer but depends on how much hearts want for him, he is miles better than Dessers and Lammers. And seems to be fit most

of the time(!).

But yes doubt he would take us to another level. And he isn’t exactly young either.

Im still torn on it at the moment. Although I do think we need more Scots in the squad.

Shankland has scored 3 goals in his last 11 SPL games, is being slated by Hearts fans for his performances this season. He scores a free header against us (then vanishes from the game) and all of a sudden there is a frenzy to sign him. Mental. 

28 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

More reliable than Roofe, better than Dessers, more goals than Danilo, younger than Colak.....£16m worth of strikers there and Shankland wouldn't have cost us a penny over 3. Rangers recruitment summed up under Ross Wilson. 

No way in hell Hearts sell him to us for £3M.

6 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

He played well. Certainly didn't vanish. I'm starting to think you didn't actually watch the game at all Cammy. Or yer steamin'. Or raging we won. Who knows. 

I was at the game and haven't drank for over 13 years. Raging we won? Get a grip, I'm delighted we won.

Also suggesting Shankland is anywhere near Miller or Boyd is hilarious he couldnt lace either of their boots. 

Go read Hearts forums or talk to Hearts fans about Shankland. 

5 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

No way in hell Hearts sell him to us for £3M.

For some reason, people seem to believe Scottish clubs will treat us like any other, which is silly.  

Just look at 2012, the Dundee email fiasco and Hearts trying to take the piss with Souttar and you'll know exactly what we're dealing with.

10 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

I recommended Leigh Griffiths to Rangers when he was at Dundee. Knew he was going to score goals everywhere he went. 

Did you? Who at Rangers did you recommend him to? 

Doesn't matter how many goals he scored, he's a horrible human being