[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 76) - 0 Aberdeen

• Rousseau changed the title to League Cup Final - the build up

I laughed at that, @26th of foot but it’s only the last sentence that amuses me. The rest is deadly serious.

If I were Aberdeen’s Chief Executive I would be worried that the Coach didn’t know the rules. “Not every shirt pull in the penalty box is a penalty” says Robson. What sort of a shirt pull is ok anywhere on the field let alone the penalty area?

Surely in football while the ball is in play, only the goalkeeper can use his hands for any purpose and that within a specified area of the pitch. Don’t any clever bloke mention throw-ins. The ball is not in play until thrown and if the throw is taken properly the player should be standing off the pitch.

Since Italia 90 a generation has grown up believing that shirt tugging is not only legitimate but a rather smart tactic, the more blatant the better because it shows what a clever defender you are. Send them off, ref. They’re in the wrong game.

2 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

All your wee favourites need to go. 

Would. You keep anyone?

I like the ‘keeper. Souttar might be fine in stronger surroundings. Danilo could be good with a bit of help. McCausland has promise but that’s for the future.

The defence is long past it, the midfield hardly exists and the attack is severely handicapped.

You know, you could be right and I certainly agree that Rangers are second favourites for the LCF.

My enemies will be bookmarking this to flourish at me when Rangers win it 4-0.

3 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

A game which should be a gimme is no longer. The days of Rangers FC steamrollering into cup finals and making trophies their own are over. This time we are all going with trepidation, pessimism, fear, pressure, knowing that Barry f*cking Robson has yet another Rangers managers number. Aberdeen are favourites. No 2 ways about it. Being favourites, being confident, being expectant and demanding with these Rangers players only leads one way and it isn't to success. Sad times. Sooner the place is gutted the better. All your wee favourites need to go. 

Rangers 2/7

Aberdeen 10/3