[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 76) - 0 Aberdeen

4 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

A game which should be a gimme is no longer. The days of Rangers FC steamrollering into cup finals and making trophies their own are over. This time we are all going with trepidation, pessimism, fear, pressure, knowing that Barry f*cking Robson has yet another Rangers managers number. Aberdeen are favourites. No 2 ways about it. Being favourites, being confident, being expectant and demanding with these Rangers players only leads one way and it isn't to success. Sad times. Sooner the place is gutted the better. All your wee favourites need to go. 

Some of my favourite moments as a Rangers fan came in the late 80s and early 90s where often we'd come up against Aberdeen.  Although their own hey-days of European finals were long gone, rarely did we steamroll them in finals or anywhere else despite having Gazza, Laudrup and other better players than we have now at our disposal. 

I'm all for realism and understand positivity rightly isn't for everyone but as much as some of your posts have merit, the stuff in bold tends to make me think you're at the lash.

Continue with the unreasonable and unfounded negativity and your future here also leads just one way.

6 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

A game which should be a gimme is no longer. The days of Rangers FC steamrollering into cup finals and making trophies their own are over. This time we are all going with trepidation, pessimism, fear, pressure, knowing that Barry f*cking Robson has yet another Rangers managers number. Aberdeen are favourites. No 2 ways about it. Being favourites, being confident, being expectant and demanding with these Rangers players only leads one way and it isn't to success. Sad times. Sooner the place is gutted the better. All your wee favourites need to go. 

At first reading I was sure this was an exercise in sarcasm but in the end it became clear you were simply spreading negativity where none belongs. Are you sure you're in the right place?

I approach this game full of confidence and I think we'll look back on the draw at Pittodrie as a major motivator for our success.

10 hours ago, SykseyBear said:

I think we do need a serious clear out of those players who continue to let us down when it matters, but @Scott7 is correct, there are some decent players among them. As for Clement, surely it's unfair to judge him on the form of players who have let down a few managers now. 

Edited by Graeme Ro55

1 hour ago, SykseyBear said:

It's really not. 

It definitely is.  I fully expect us to win at Hampden and so does every Rangers fan I've spoken to.  

Some of aren't being drama queens because we drew a game we played well enough to win a few days ago.

41 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

A squad that costs us more in wages than any other squad in our entire history is good enough to beat this Aberdeen team. No one will ever convince me otherwise. And yet.....and yet.....here i am lacking belief in a cup final against them. That's now on Clement and the favourites he is relying on every week. It's gutting. 

I dont think I've ever completey agreed with any managers team selections, even when we had great managers/players. Clement can only pee with the c**k he has until our crazy injury problems are dealt with, and he gets money to change out the duds. Until then he is left with little/no right choices imo.