Mowbray Sacked | Michael Beale announced as the new Head Coa– sacked!

The Sunderland job could be one of the best if only the club was run in a proper manner a good fan base that’s been waiting years for someone to take them in the right direction 

36 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Correct. They got rid of a decent manager and hired Beale. Their business management has been bad for forty years at least as I mentioned but their new model is insane. The owner doesn’t care about league success nor about entertaining football. He wants to trawl the world for young unheard of players in the hope of finding one to sell at daft money. Mowbray told him this wasn’t a great idea.

My reference to “resources” above was to “fan resources”. Aberdeen and Hearts don’t get 30,000 home attendances in the top tier let alone the second.

If I were one of the 30,000 I’d be pretty miffed with the business model.

But demanding manger after manager be sacked isn't gonna help. No matter how good (or bad) their next appointment is, they lose two or three games and the fans will want him sacked. Vicious circle that has to end at some point. 

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

But demanding manger after manager be sacked isn't gonna help. No matter how good (or bad) their next appointment is, they lose two or three games and the fans will want him sacked. Vicious circle that has to end at some point. 

I can't believe your are still making this point. 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

I can't believe your are still making this point. 

Because its valid - name me 1 club who have had success when the sack managers on a consistent basis? 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Fans didn’t want Mowbray to go. Anyway, good club management isn’t ruled by bleating fans.

Proper planning and execution would make all the difference to Sunderland but they have two big problems, Newcastle and London. One is too near, the other is too far away.  Look at Brighton. Outstanding business management was put in place about ten years ago but they wouldn’t get the players they have if Brighton itself wasn’t an attractive place for modern young folk to live and London’s an hour in the train. A bit glitzier than the Dog and Rivet in Roker.