The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Just now, Bill said:

Until we lose this embedded myth that all players at other Scottish clubs must by definition be inferior, while spending big of the likes of Dessers and Lammers, we will never progress as we should. 

Absolutely 💯 

This anti Scots player snobbery is embarrassing.

22 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

There are plenty that would do better than Lammers or Dessers.  If they are worth the outlay is a different question. 

The outlay is less important than the return on the investment, both in terms of a winning team and trading income. The real issue is continuing to make a loss on both counts.

We could do with a few more Scots in the squad.  

I don't really watch any Scottish matches outwith ones involving Rangers, so don't know enough about opposition players to have a valid opinion on whether they'd improve us.  Miovski's finish at Pittodrie was very impressive (obviously he's not Scottish though).

Shankland would be better than Dessers or Lammers but I still think we can get a better striker, for less outlay, elsewhere.   

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Until we lose this embedded myth that all players at other Scottish clubs must by definition be inferior, while spending big of the likes of Dessers and Lammers, we will never progress as we should. 

I don't watch other Scottish teams other than when we play them. As other have said if we went for Miovski Shankland Ferguson (when we could have) then the clubs - Sheep and Hearts - would want double or treble from us compared to what they actually sold them for.

The whole transfer window bores me to tears and it is not even fucking open yet!

1 minute ago, Whosthedado said:

I don't watch other Scottish teams other than when we play them. As other have said if we went for Miovski Shankland Ferguson (when we could have) then the clubs - Sheep and Hearts - would want double or treble from us compared to what they actually sold them for.

The whole transfer window bores me to tears and it is not even fucking open yet!

We're already paying double or treble what they sold for and ending up with Cyriel Dessers and Sam Lammers. Who's the loser?

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

We're already paying double or treble what they sold for and ending up with Cyriel Dessers and Sam Lammers. Who's the loser?

So we pay 5m to Hearts last summer for Shankland. He wouldnt have scored more goals than Dessers. Pay the sheep 5 or 6m for Ferguson... knowing our luck he would break his leg in the 2nd game or something 

48 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

So we pay 5m to Hearts last summer for Shankland. He wouldnt have scored more goals than Dessers. Pay the sheep 5 or 6m for Ferguson... knowing our luck he would break his leg in the 2nd game or something 

Be honest, now you're just making up shit to support a fairly spurious argument 😉