The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

12 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Really? Tav scored 2 in the League Cup Final, Shankland scored 1. We got to the final where Tav scored the winning goal. They were hugely important goals. 

Tav also scored in every round in our run to the EL Cup Final,  again  highly important goals for the team / club. 

I appreciate that mate but I'm talking about the current premiership season so far - if Hearts do sell they'd need to cover the potential loss of European football, take away Shankland and you're risking no European football because of how key he is for the team.

I haven't looked at Hearts' accounts but European football would be worth a few million I'm guessing, especially if they get to the group stages - which they have in recent seasons.

If they sold Shankland in January for anything less than £5m, considering how vital his goals are, they'd be negligent.

5 minutes ago, SykseyBear said:

It's not less of a goal, a goal is a goal but using penalties scored as some sort of barometer for how deadly a striker is or how good any given player is is retarded. Anyone can score pens. When i'm scouting a striker, penalties are not even in the conversation nor do we talk about them when discussing his goals scored. It's all about his open play contribution. That's all scouts are interested in. 

Hahaha- retarded? Really? 

Anyone can score penalties? Sure thats true, but can anyone score penalties on a constant basis? 

But I'm sure any player can score a non-penalty goal - in fact I've seen keepers scoring both. 

It's not about x striker scores x amount of goals, or y striker scored y amount of goals, but how they fit into a system of plating football (unless we're discussing the world class players who'll score goals in any system.)

3 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I appreciate that mate but I'm talking about the current premiership season so far - if Hearts do sell they'd need to cover the potential loss of European football, take away Shankland and you're risking no European football because of how key he is for the team.

I haven't looked at Hearts' accounts but European football would be worth a few million I'm guessing, especially if they get to the group stages - which they have in recent seasons.

If they sold Shankland in January for anything less than £5m, considering how vital his goals are, they'd be negligent.

I understand that, and you are correct. Hearts will rightly want as close to £5M as they can get, but I'd be looking for similar or more if we were looking to sell Tav. 

We'd be off our heads to entertain Hearts at that price for Shankland. I'd take a punt on hom, but at 28 he has no resale value and we shouldn't be paying anywhere near that for him.