The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

32 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I'm led to believe the Doig swap story is genuine; same with the Connor Barron pre-contract.

I would be happy with that deal. What I have seen of Doig at Hibs, he always stood out as having decent ability. Even if Ridvan was a slightly better player, which I really don't know, Doig has been far more available.

Barron seems low risk and worth pursuing

38 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Is there even such players these days in the market who can stay injury free for that long? 

We have plenty in our squad already, obviously all players get injured but some more that others. Tav and Goldson are the outliers and (*touch wood*) are made of stern stuff. But even the likes of Lundstram, Sima seem to be fit and available for most games. Cantwell has had a couple of knocks but is largely available. 

Its about balance, all teams have players who miss games through injury. But we seem to have more than most so needs addressing, and if Ridvan has value elsewhere then it makes sense to move him on.

I'm old enough to remember when a transfer would be done and dusted in a couple of days nowadays with agents and contact talks not to mention all the other things to fanny about with it takes ages 

2 hours ago, compo said:

I'm old enough to remember when a transfer would be done and dusted in a couple of days nowadays with agents and contact talks not to mention all the other things to fanny about with it takes ages 

Me too, I was around when Silva signed.

2 hours ago, compo said:

I'm old enough to remember the days when you could sign players at any time of the season ... AND in the summer too! 😎

Oh dear, a rumour ...

Rangers transfer news as Leeds United attacker Joe Gelhardt wanted at Ibrox in January

Rangers are interested in signing Leeds United forward Joe Gelhardt during the January transfer window, according to the Daily Mail.

Simon Jones reported in the paper’s Transfer Confidential on 8 January that the out-of-favour attacker is also a target for Old Firm rivals Celtic.

Philippe Clement has already brought in Fabio Silva on loan from Wolves this month but has been widely expected to seek extensive improvements to his strike force.

Gelhardt looked primed to be the next breakout star at Elland Road two years ago but has seen his progression stall after falling down the pecking order.

The 21-year-old has only made six league appearances in the English Championship this term, and has seen just a handful of minutes in the division since August.

So he certainly looks like he needs a move to get some regular game time, and with Rangers in need of attacking reinforcements a loan move would make a lot of sense on one hand.

https://www.ibroxnews.com/2024/01/08/rangers-transfer-news-as-leeds-united-attacker-joe-gelhardt-wanted-at-ibrox-in-january/

Mr. Gelhardt is a 21-year old English chap tied to Leeds till 2027, who has so far only excelled for Leeds youngsters. Maybe he's the next best England striker, but back in the day, we signed these super-talents as freebies rather than becoming a breeding ground for English league teams.

Regarding Dennis ...

Chris Jack has claimed Rangers checked out a potential January transfer deal for Nottingham Forest striker Emmanuel Dennis last week, although no deal is imminent at Ibrox.

The Rangers Review journalist reported that Dennis is one of several names on Rangers’ list of January transfer targets after they received encouragement about a potential deal.

He continued by saying that the Nigerian is one the Ibrox club have had a look at but clarified no deal is in motion yet despite the initial positivity.

https://www.ibroxnews.com/2024/01/08/rangers-chris-jack-shares-whether-emmanuel-dennis-january-transfer-is-imminent-at-ibrox/

Gelhardt's a wonderful player; strong, quick, good dribbler and his build-up play - in the right system (Bielsa) - is superb. He is not a goalscorer, but can play anywhere across the front-three and #10. 

An option to buy would be superb. He has the potential to go for a lot of money down the line.  

A straight loan? Nope. We shouldn't be developing players for other teams. 

15 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Gelhardt's a wonderful player; strong, quick, good dribbler and his build-up play - in the right system (Bielsa) - is superb. He is not a goalscorer, but can play anywhere across the front-three and #10. 

I'm sure we have one of those in our squad already ;)3