The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, Whosthedado said:

There's a novel idea. It'll never catch on

Yes, still plenty of time left. This has been a quiet window across football and i expect things will pick up pace towards the last week of it.

I posted a few memes as a light hearted joke in this thread but the important thing is to bring in the right players, if that takes to the last hour of the window so be it.

37 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Also, the first comment on this thread is... 

"First off, something to note, the 22-year-old has a fear of flying. This has led to him pulling out of the Denmark U21 side previously and might be worth consideration when it comes to playing in Europe."

🤣

News article from Turkey about Ridvan:

According to the news I received, national team coach Montella went to Glasgow and met with Rıdvan Yılmaz and said, "If you play continuously in your next matches, I will include you in the EURO 2024 candidate squad." Rıdvan told his managers, "Leave me alone, Galatasaray wants me. Let me go there and play all the time, let me be selected for the national team." The executives also allowed him to go on loan with the condition of an option to sell. The yellow-and-reds, on the other hand, expressed their opinion: "Come and play on loan until the end of the season, then we will sit down with Rangers." Now Ridvan is in constant talks with the Scottish team's managers to come here on loan. This transfer can happen at any time.
Another issue is Abdulkarim and Nelsson... They are in great shape right now. Sanchez has also recovered from his injury and will join the team. If Okan Hoca cuts Nelsson because "I will play Sanchez", he will lose this player completely. I don't know if he's going to play with a three-back defense or whatever. He should definitely think of a plan B in this regard.

https://www.milliyet.com.tr/skorer/osman-senher/ridvan-yilmaz-her-an-gelebilir-7066269

Thing is, much like a Shankland or similar, he is under contract with us and if we want to keep him until someone pays what we want then we can.

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yes, still plenty of time left. This has been a quiet window across football and i expect things will pick up pace towards the last week of it.

I posted a few memes as a light hearted joke in this thread but the important thing is to bring in the right players, if that takes to the last hour of the window so be it.

To be fair I have been a right grumpy B in the thread too! I do want something to happen too though :D 

Not much flying inside Scotland. Vladikavkas would be a problem though ...

Meanwhile, another rumour sprang up with another Bristol City player, this time striker Tommy Conway (21, English, but chose Scotland). 

Rangers interested in Scottish striker likened to Jamie Vardy ... never shy of a pompous headline over there, aren't they? Article also has some bits and pieces on Harry Souttar.

Quick check -  Conway - normal stats at Championship level, contract till 2025. City only has 3 recognized strikers right now though.

Quick check - Alexander Lind Rassmussen - 21, Danish, Silkeborg IF (Jan Bartram's old club, IRRC), 20 goals and 7 assists in 72 games, contract till 2026.

Edited by der Berliner

2 hours ago, lenny3k said:

Also, the first comment on this thread is... 

"First off, something to note, the 22-year-old has a fear of flying. This has led to him pulling out of the Denmark U21 side previously and might be worth consideration when it comes to playing in Europe."

🤣

Is he also a hypochondriac with the joints of a 60 year old rodeo clown?

Welcome Home GIF by Ryan Serhant

19 hours ago, Bill said:

Wait and see

Surely not Dessers. Regardless of him fluffing his lines against that lot over at the dump, we need strikers. Dessers will do a job for us against SPL fodder. He's getting up to speed with our team and game. Any new strikers will take time. Just go and get Shankland ffs.