The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

11 hours ago, Uilleam said:

VL means Vulgar Latin (a stage below proper Latin, between it and Dog Latin).

On the Internet, it may mean an impudent Spaniard/Italian/Portuguese/etc. 

On here, for some, at least, it will just mean a Spaniard/Italian/Portuguese/etc. 

Think your second surmise is right. I don't mind being addressed in vulgar Latin.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Yeah, no one has thought of that before.

Well then tell me WHY we can't?

Instead of 

"harumph harumph...that's complete nonsense...everyone has already stated that" 

School me up. 

What's the deal....what's the big WHY?

7 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I'd recommend emailing every Police force in England and also all 20 EPL clubs.  

They don't want or need us.

Meanwhile, on the transfer front, the BBC Scotland relies on "Rangers Review" for information ...

Nordsjaelland midfielder Mohamed Diomande is expected to arrive in Scotland on Wednesday to finalise his move to Rangers after a £4.5m fee was agreed and the 22-year-old will sign a long term contract at Ibrox. (Rangers Review)

La Gazzeto dello Sport though ...

Roma in negotiations to seal Borna Barisic transfer as Rangers news emerges

Roma are now in open negotiations to sign Rangers defender Borna Barisic before the end of the January transfer window, according to Gazzetta Dello Sport.

The Italian newspaper has reported in its print edition [24 January, pg 23] that the Croatian is on the radar of the club, who have recently parted ways with Jose Mourinho.

Ridvan doesn't want to go to Verona, which doesn't mean Galatasary is off the table ... again via Turkish reporters.

Imagine that we lose two left-backs at once ... albeit both for money.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd recommend emailing every Police force in England and also all 20 EPL clubs.  

They don't want or need us.

Theys skeert then?

LOL.

Alright...I'm done here. 

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

Well then tell me WHY we can't?

Instead of 

"harumph harumph...that's complete nonsense...everyone has already stated that" 

School me up. 

England has a pyramid system, so going straight into the Championship is not going to happen. Other clubs and their supporters would, rightly, be against that. So if, and it's a big if, we were able to join the English league system it would be the Cumbrian Sunday League or similar, and we'd need to work our way up from there. The time to do that was 2012, I can't see it happening now. 

I think it's inevitable Rangers will eventually leave the Scottish league, but I doubt England will be our destination. 

One of the better Turkish journos:

Rangers and Galatasaray continue negotiations for Rıdvan Yılmaz, but there is no agreement or a new official offer made by Galatasaray yet. Rıdvan will start the Hibernian match tonight in the first 11.