The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

2 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Don't broadcast this too loudly, but get your GP to refer you to a dental hospital; the students will do it for free if you are an interesting case. (Don't worry, they will not let novices loose on you.)

...and, if you are lucky, you might get Prof Leitch let loose on your gnashers

21 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Don't broadcast this too loudly, but get your GP to refer you to a dental hospital; the students will do it for free if you are an interesting case. (Don't worry, they will not let novices loose on you.)

Good tip. On the face of it.

First: catch a GP.

Second: on further reflection and remembering the many dental students I used to know three score years ago, you’re maybe better just to try a bit of thread and a slamming door.

10 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Talk of small turkey club galatasaray coming back in for Ridvan. Personally think we should hold on to him and see what he can do till the end of the season.

Unless the player is wanting away, I don't see why we would pursue his departure. Not unless his sale will fund a potential new striker coming in? I can only see Ridvan improving, making him a more lucrative asset (beyond cutting even). 

12 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Cifuentes to join rizaspor or some other similarly named jobber team in Turkey on loan with an option to buy. Good, be gone. Useless.

Too early to make that call IMO. Loan maybe for game time but mot with option to buy. 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Right Rangers. Where is this f**king striker? 

Who will it be? Shankland or someone we've never heard of?

Why are we still discussing Shankland? Out of our price range and doesn't fit the player trading model the manager keeps banging on about (and something we need to implement ASAP).

Miovski is in my opinion a far better player than Shankland, younger, would fit into our playing style and would have a far better return on investment. Not that we are likely to sign him, but a far better option than Shankland

As for Ridvan, if there ia any real offer on the table, take it and sell him. 

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Why are we still discussing Shankland? Out of our price range and doesn't fit the player trading model the manager keeps banging on about (and something we need to implement ASAP).

Miovski is in my opinion a far better player than Shankland, younger, would fit into our playing style and would have a far better return on investment. Not that we are likely to sign him, but a far better option than Shankland

As for Ridvan, if there ia any real offer on the table, take it and sell him. 

I get the player trading model ideology but we need to win league titles. Not every purchase can fit the model. We need a striker to enable us to win the league. Shankland will score goals for us. It's a no brainer.