The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I get the player trading model ideology but we need to win league titles. Not every purchase can fit the model. We need a striker to enable us to win the league. Shankland will score goals for us. It's a no brainer.

Its a balance, you have a few Aribos, Basseys, Diomandes, Raskins etc and a few Tv, Goldson, Lundstram, Butland and Dessers.

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

Rize is 40 miles East of Trabzon (Trebizon) on the Black Sea coast. Not too far from the Georgian border. Not exactly metropolitan. 

Rumour that his missus hated Glasgow, and has fucked off back to US or Ecuador. God knows what she will think of provincial Turkey, if she makes the trip. 

Was he really that bad?

Aye but you can get Moncler T-Shirts for 3 euro and Gucci handbags for 15 euro from Hakans Market.

9 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Aye but you can get Moncler T-Shirts for 3 euro and Gucci handbags for 15 euro from Hakans Market.

And Glasgow doesn't have The Barras...?

29 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Very different scenario from the Cifu one.

You seem to have a downer on Ridvan, whereas I think he's got something to offer.  Just shows opinions differ. 

I don't have a downer on him, just can't see him as a Rangers player. You are correct it is different from Cifuentes as he's been here 5 minutes, Ridvan has been here for much longer. 

I want all players we sign to succeed, and don't tend to write them off after 5 minutes. 

Players like Dessers, Lammers, Cifu, Sima, Sterling were all lambasted at the start of the season on here, at games by Rangers fans.

Sima turned it around quickly as he started to score goals, taken Dessers a little longer. 

Meanwhile, a player who has been here for a significant amount of time, failed to feature much under 3 managers and has struggled to play more than 6 consecutive games, has bern as injury prone, is seen now as someone we should keep after 1 decent game.

27 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Be delighted if we get 2M for Cifu and Ridvan is by far our best left back option. Wouldn't sell for anything un 5-6M. Hope that was a farewell for BB today

So Ridvan is worth more than Shankland? How do you work that out? He's played like 25 games in 18 months, scored 1 league goal, has a horrendous injury record and isn't a 1st team regular 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

So where are we magically getting the required £5M from? 

I don't think anyone has denied that he'd score goals for us. But so would Miovski who would cost the same, has better potential so why not the same clamour for him?

Where are we getting 4.5 million to use on our recent midfield addition? And who said its 5 million for Shankland? The Daily Record? We need to bring a striker in the next 3/4 days. Like all purchases/transfers, there will be significant risk attached. Getting to know the league, country, city, language etc. Shankland is also risk but there are so many factors eliminated if you buy him IMO. 

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I don't have a downer on him, just can't see him as a Rangers player. You are correct it is different from Cifuentes as he's been here 5 minutes, Ridvan has been here for much longer. 

I want all players we sign to succeed, and don't tend to write them off after 5 minutes. 

Players like Dessers, Lammers, Cifu, Sima, Sterling were all lambasted at the start of the season on here, at games by Rangers fans.

Sima turned it around quickly as he started to score goals, taken Dessers a little longer. 

Meanwhile, a player who has been here for a significant amount of time, failed to feature much under 3 managers and has struggled to play more than 6 consecutive games, has bern as injury prone, is seen now as someone we should keep after 1 decent game.

That's disingenuous. Ridvan has been excellent in many games recently. Not just 1 game.