The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

7 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yup, reminds me of a Darcheville type forward, good player, run into channels and link up well but not a natural goal scorer. Can play as a #9 yeah but not natural. The difference between us and them recently is their #9 is a goal scorer ours are goal fluffers.

Sima, Dessers and Tav all have more goals this season than their no.9.

2 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Sima, Dessers and Tav all have more goals this season than their no.9.

How many wins in old firm games that got us? I stand by my point. Their number 9 being a goal scorer has been the difference, this season and last.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Strange conflation.

I don't want Shankland (certainly not at the prices mentioned) and don't think Silva in a No.9 either.  

It isn’t really. All through January there’s been a massive clamour for Shankland among Rangers fans and every single one of them don’t seem to think Silva is a striker. Clement has signed him to play and I think it’s very unlikely he’ll play him out of position. Maybe left forward if needed, but he confirmed himself he signed him to play CF. 

Edited by DMAA

29 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I totally take your point, but goals is goals. We only play them 4 times a season, that's a lot of other games to score in. It's our mentality, or lack of it, that has cost us against them.

Then shouldn't we be looking at recruiting players with the mentality to score in these games? Silva apart the guys you mentioned have fluffed their lines so far.

Yes, I do agree wholeheartedly. PC never recruited them to be fair to him, but he has to work with what he has. We can see some confidence returning to Dessers for example, if that continues then I'm sure we'll get there. Morelos looked like a rabbit in the headlights against them for long enough before finding his feet. Boyd never really got there, it's not all black and white.

23 minutes ago, DMAA said:

All through January there’s been a massive clamour for Shankland among Rangers fans

Noisy minority, in my opinion.  The online world often does magic mirrors with reality.

Silva may turn out to be a great goal scorer but going by what he’s shown so far it would be dishonest to claim he’s the answer to our needs. Only his goals will change that, not wishful thinking. 

We've been looking at Cuypers apparently.

Prolific and coming into his prime.

He won't be joining supposedly but it's good to see we're profiling strikers who actually have a recent track record of scoring goals.