The Winter 2023/24 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

The point of the player trading model is to sell for profit and then bring in a player who can replace the one outgoing in terms of quality or better him to then flip for a greater sum.

Honestly, we'll only downgrade if we sell Butland this and any window.

81.1% Save percentage in the league (fbref) over 22 games is ridiculous - and it's not like he's pulling off wonder saves and playing out of his skin (McGregor 55) everything is calm and commanding.

He's also the most 2 footed keeper I've seen play in Scotland which people don't appreciate.

We could geniunely build a dominant Rangers side on his (and Clements) shoulders, he's the one player I'd say is just not worth selling.

Sort out a good striker whilst you've got a good keeper and you're laughing, selling your good keeper while you still haven't got a good striker is moronic.

4 hours ago, CammyF said:

If we can give a LB from Turkey over 18months to "settle in"  why did "we" write Dessers off after 3-4 weeks? 

Emm … because at the time he couldn’t control or pass the ball and could only dream of hitting a barn door with a banjo???

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Emm … because at the time he couldn’t control or pass the ball and could only dream of hitting a barn door with a banjo???

Whilst Ridvan ripped it up? 

2 minutes ago, yuddie said:

The point of the player trading model is to sell for profit and then bring in a player who can replace the one outgoing in terms of quality or better him to then flip for a greater sum.

Honestly, we'll only downgrade if we sell Butland this and any window.

81.1% Save percentage in the league (fbref) over 22 games is ridiculous - and it's not like he's pulling off wonder saves and playing out of his skin (McGregor 55) everything is calm and commanding.

He's also the most 2 footed keeper I've seen play in Scotland which people don't appreciate.

We could geniunely build a dominant Rangers side on his (and Clements) shoulders, he's the one player I'd say is just not worth selling.

Sort out a good striker whilst you've got a good keeper and you're laughing, selling your good keeper while you still haven't got a good striker is moronic.

Considering the Butland transfer to Rangers was well "debated" and some were sceptical of the merits of signing a keeper who hadn't played for over some considerable time. 

Now he is unselleable - footballs like that but every player has their price and there are other Jack Butlands out there. 

I am in no way advocating selling Butland, I want him to stay and for us to build a team around him. However let's not kid ourselves, if we receive a decent bid for him, he'll be sold. 

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Ridvan never looked like a complete disaster of a signing.  Dessers did.  

Really, how do you know, he never kicked a ball for us for 12 months

Just now, yuddie said:

We were all pleased when he signed on here if iirc, for the most part at least.

I'd look back, I'm sure his transfer was questioned.